× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can any one tell me what this means in the system log?

Rick6922
Luminary

can any one tell me what this means in the system log?

I had to turn off power today to install a new dishwasher. when I turned  back on I keep disconnecting from xbox live. I'm running new FW. the modem is the netgear cm1000, instant on is off. every time it happens i get this message in system log. [DumaOS] DHCP new event., Thursday, December 27, 2018 18:37:02 [DHCP IP: 192.168.1.8][Device Name: XBOXONE] to MAC address 2c:54:91:99:2a:10, Thursday, December 27, 2018 18:37:02 [DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Thursday, December 27, 2018 18:37:02 [DumaOS] DHCP new event., Thursday, December 27, 2018 18:37:02 [DumaOS] No wifi ............

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: can any one tell me what this means in the system log?

Means the lease time changed and when this happens the DHCP services disconnect during this event. This will cause a disconnection. 

Hopefully suggestions will help you in your other post so this won't happen anymore. 

Message 2 of 4
Rick6922
Luminary

no, that didnt work or i wouldnt have asked again.lol but i think i figured it out. in system log it kept saying lease time up . i looked in lan setup and I dont recall the box being checked that says use router as DHCP server. i unchecked that and it hasnt happened again. it was disconnecting every couple of mins. its been fine for last 20 mins. does that make any sense?

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes that would be a cause. DHCP server should always be enabled. Should be enabled by default. 

Should be ok now. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7