× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: can not connect to router interface

Breebz
Aspirant

can not connect to router interface

I purchased this today and for the last 4 hours have been trying to set this up via the ios app and through pc.  I previously had the Nighthawk x4s which worked great.  The phone app states it can not connect to the modem via wifi ( i am sure I am on the right network as I have checked my phone and also have wifi on phone through wifi network name listed on my router.  I have tried to login in through my pc and getting the same era.  I have tried connecting on pc through ethernet and wifi - no luck.

I have cleared my cookies and cache, reset the router and nothing works.  As far as I have made in through pc when it would not connect it asked for my previous equipments mac address which i input and still no go.

I have Cspire fiber and do not require a modem.  I am currently on hold with phone support for over an hour and have no idea if and when they will get to me.  My pc is running windown 10 and i have an iphone for the nighhawk app.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Make sure that your modem/WAN line is connected to the yellow port on the back of the XR500.

Connect your PC to the router and go to routerlogin.net in a browser, the setup process should detect an internet connection, if it doesn't, then it might need some more configuration. There are more advanced settings in the Settings section of the interface once you get through setup. You shouldn't need to spoof your MAC address or anything like that.

I'd suggest going to Settings > Advanced Settings > IPv6 and setting that to Auto, perhaps the problem is that you require an IPv6 WAN address.

Message 2 of 4
Breebz
Aspirant

My ISP does not require a modem.  The internet is connected to the yellow port on the back of the XR500.  I have internet - just can not access the routers UI.  Where do I find the Settings - Advanced - IPV6 that you are speaking of?

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is your XR500 connected to - an ONT or a wire from the wall? How are you attempting to access the interface? You should be able to access it through routerlogin.net or the default IP either 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1. You will then need to go through the setup wizard before you have internet/can access the interface fully.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7