× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cod ww2 settings

cod ww2 settings

hi all,looking for any other settings for ps4 to help maybe cut back latency during onling multiplayer for cod ww2 just i'm finding 6 out of 10 games i get alot of latency[hit registration]

is really bad every game is always 20ping or higher cos it being dedicated server game. does not do peer lobbies i have fibre internet top tier plan 70down 40up[AUSTRALIA] current settings:                                                                                                                         antibuffer bloat sliders 70/70                                                                                                   game prioritization set to my ps4                                                                                            geo-filter map distance set at 900km as that is this distance from my location to the games dedicated server here in australia.                                                                                  

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

20ms is a VERY good ping. I would remove the manual addition of your PS4 from Traffic Prioritization as if DumaOS Classified Games is enabled it will prioritize the console by default. I think there may be 2 servers in Australia if I remember correctly so you could try to force the other one. You could also experiment with different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages to see what gives you the best experience.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

20ms is a VERY good ping. I would remove the manual addition of your PS4 from Traffic Prioritization as if DumaOS Classified Games is enabled it will prioritize the console by default. I think there may be 2 servers in Australia if I remember correctly so you could try to force the other one. You could also experiment with different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages to see what gives you the best experience.
Message 2 of 4

ok cool appreciate your response

Message 3 of 4
Faulko
Aspirant

There is only 1 dedi center for PSN and cod and thats in Sydney.

Xbox has 2, first in sydney, 2nd in adelaide.

COD still uses a hybrid netcode where not all players in a lobby are connected to the server, its random but certain player can and do peer for other players.

In Aus you will always be put in a lobby thats full of people as wide as NZ to perth and as low as Tas to as high as Japan and everywhere inbetween.

Nothing you can do other then leave that lobby and try another 1.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7