× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: customer support

sibo
Aspirant

customer support

I have just bought and registard my product todaynd i am tring to contact customer support using my free 90days as I am having issues with set up. t says that the support has expire, can someone help me with this.

thanks

Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What product did you buy and was it purchased new?
Message 2 of 9
sibo
Aspirant

It was the night hawk xr500 and yes it was bought brand new 

Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@DarrenM could you resolve the users issue with accessing support please?

Meanwhile sibo, what are the issues you're experiencing?
Message 4 of 9
sibo
Aspirant

I am using my virgin super hub 3 as a modem for my new sky hawk xr500. I cant seem to get it to work. I contacted vigin and they have tested and told me that the hub is in modem mode. The router has a flashing orange light on the internet section so not picking anything up. any ideas . Thanks

Message 5 of 9
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Sibo - from memory, I think there's a specific port on the Virgin Hub that says 'modem mode' on it. You need to make sure the Ethernet cable is going into that one.

After that, try rebooting both the hub and then reboot the XR500. You'll then need to access the XR500 user interface (at routerlogin.net) - from there follow the on screen setup wizard to get everything setup.

Message 6 of 9
sibo
Aspirant

Thanks , that has work , only issue now is when I try and set it up it was saying that my dowload was 22mbps but I know and tested it at 210mbps. also the interney light is flashing white on the xr500 not staying solid, is this correct.

Thanks again

Message 7 of 9
sibo
Aspirant

Any more info would be great. The internet light is flashing all of the time. I contacted Argos where I bought the router from and they give me a contact number for netgear buy it is to an nswer machine that cuts me off

Message 8 of 9
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

A flashing Internet port is fine - mine does that too.

What happens if you do a Speedtest on speedtest.net? Do you get full speeds then?

If it's down to just 22mbps, then something is not correct. You might need to put the hub back into normal mode because it could have a defect. Then just connect your Nighthawk to it like normal - should hopefully work fine.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7