× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: discord

luckyswild
Aspirant

discord

Hey could anybody help me out with an issue on discord i show to be connected but my buds say i just cut out after a few seconds and i cant seem to get it to work. everything else seems to be working fine.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 14
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Are you using Geo-Filter? You might need to switch it to Spectating Mode.

Message 2 of 14
luckyswild
Aspirant

Yes I am using geo filter and yes it is in spectating mode.
Message 3 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What device are you using Discord on? Is that device in the Geo-Filter? Have you double checked your microphone works elsewhere?
Message 4 of 14
luckyswild
Aspirant

Alienware pc and yes it’s in geo filter spectating mode and yes it work in in game chat. Discord shows me to be connected but my buds stop hearing me after a few Seconds of joining the chat
Message 5 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try the suggestions from Discord here please first: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/216600077-Voice-Debug-Central
Message 6 of 14
luckyswild
Aspirant

Yea that wasn’t much help, yesterday it was picking up people’s ping on my geo filter and I could allow it now nothing same problem
Message 7 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If it was in spectating mode then it wasn't blocking them anyway so allowing them wouldn't do anything differently. Do you have an Open NAT?
Message 8 of 14
luckyswild
Aspirant

That’s true only filtering blocks. Yes i have open nat with xr500 prior I didn’t on isp modem but it still worked. I’ve found some work arounds maybe changing dns server checking firewall on pc and router factory resetting maybe idk I have till tomorrow to get this going or I’m returning product it’s a good product everything else is working flawlessly but this one thing is gonna deal break it for me lol anymore suggestions I would appreciate it thanks again
Message 9 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It seems really odd because I doubt the router would be blocking this. Have you made any changes to the router before it started happening or was it always this way? Could you disable QoS in the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line option menu please and then try again?
Message 10 of 14
luckyswild
Aspirant

Discord has not worked since installing this router and I have made no changes yes already tried disabling Qos still same issue. Yea it’s odd that I can hear but can’t be heard and it has to do with something between the router and discord cause I got back to my isp modem and everything is fine. Would me putting my router in dmz mode on my isp modem cause this ? I was told it needed to be in dmz since my isp modem does not have a bridge mode
Message 11 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No that wouldn't cause it unless it was done incorrectly. Did you put the WAN IP from System Information into the DMZ? Are you using Port forwarding/triggering/UPnP/DMZ on the router? In WAN Settings toggle SIP ALG and switch NAT to Open.
Message 12 of 14
luckyswild
Aspirant

I just want to say thanks for y’all’s time but I’m throwing in the towel I’ve tried everything I could for 3 days to figure this out. Once again I do appreciate the responses.
Message 13 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did my last suggestions not resolve your issue then?
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7