× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

does anyone no what this means?

Rick6922
Luminary

does anyone no what this means?

just updated to new firmware on the xbox1x     [DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 199.16.156.58, port 443, Sunday, January 13, 2019 15:36:04 [DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 199.16.156.75, port 443, Sunday, January 13, 2019 15r700. now xbox1x keeps disconecting...............

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: does anyone no what this means?

That IP belongs to Twitter. Something from Twitter is trying to access or do something. Do you have any linked accounts with Twitter or do you have a Twitter account on the console? 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 16

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Rick, can you keep your issues to the same topic please
Message 3 of 16
Rick6922
Luminary

whats that mean.lol

Message 4 of 16
Rick6922
Luminary

sorry, just trying to get as much help as I can .lol

Message 5 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

That IP belongs to Twitter. Something from Twitter is trying to access or do something. Do you have any linked accounts with Twitter or do you have a Twitter account on the console? 

Message 6 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You have another topic here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Here-we-go-again/m-p/1689993, it's easier if all the information is in one place
Message 7 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible two separate issues though... Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 16
Rick6922
Luminary

i  dont have twitter or use it. lol

Message 9 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Seems odd....

Message 10 of 16
Rick6922
Luminary

CAN YOU UNDER STAND THIS SYSTEM LOG AND WHY IS MY DHCP LEASE CHANGING EVERY 5 MINS> [DumaOS] DHCP new event., Sunday, January 13, 2019 21:05:26 [Internet connected] IP address: 24.95.165.47, Sunday, January 13, 2019 21:05:01 [Internet disconnected] Sunday, January 13, 2019 21:04:59 [DumaOS] config write 'com.netdumsoftware.geofilter.settings', Sunday, January 13, 2019 21:03:31 [UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168

Message 11 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Something is being either disconnected from the router or the modem is loosing connection between the modem and router possibly. 

Can you contact the ISP and ask them to look at there logs during the time frames your seeing this and see if they notice anything unusual with the modem? 

I would do a factory reset on the modem as well while the ISP is on the phone with you.

Message 12 of 16
Rick6922
Luminary

whats the odds of this never happing intill i upgrade the new FW. no problems before that. and what are the odds of the other peop[le have same problem after update[ read the forms]  i tryed to do a FW downdate but dont know how [I'm not good with pc's] from the NG download site I pick the version that people has said runs without dropping internet, but its I zip file and I dont know how to install it. could you walk me through it pls?

Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

So did downgrading fix this? 

Message 14 of 16
Rick6922
Luminary

Yes,downgrading to v1.0.0.20 made it more stable. The NG tech support people install the new FW there selfs through teamveiwer. they checked everything I guess.its not a modem issue . according to them its the new FW. lol. is any one getting the new FW to running smooth for more than 2 days? what short time it runs without disconnecting the internet[about 5 mins] its 10 times better connection with the new ping assist. bummer right.

Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, thanks for confirming this. Ya seems to be a FW issue. Glad NG is working on it. 

@Rick6922 wrote:

Yes,downgrading to v1.0.0.20 made it more stable. The NG tech support people install the new FW there selfs through teamveiwer. they checked everything I guess.its not a modem issue . according to them its the new FW. lol. is any one getting the new FW to running smooth for more than 2 days? what short time it runs without disconnecting the internet[about 5 mins] its 10 times better connection with the new ping assist. bummer right.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7