× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

does having the xr500 connected to to the ont box give issues

matthewd88
Initiate

does having the xr500 connected to to the ont box give issues

should having the xr500 connected through the ont from verizon effect the geo filter or anyinthing on the xr500 ? just curious cause i just hooked it up through the ont way 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: does having the xr500 connected to to the ont box give issues

Not it shouldn't unless the ONT has a built in router. 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Message 2 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Great advice above. I'd also recommend following this Optimal Settings guide for the Geo-Filter: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Message 3 of 5
matthewd88
Initiate

thanks furrye38 for the options but i just put it back into the router from verizon an put it into dmz because i have tv with them an you need to have the coax hooked up to the modem in order to have your tv boxes to work an on demand otherwise all of your advice would have worked if i just had internet from them but i thank you for all the options.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

DMZ should work well for your configuratino needs. Enjoy. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7