× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: duma os 3.0

prince-horus
Tutor

duma os 3.0

Hello, can you do something about the update to duma os 3.0 of my netgear XR500 router, indeed in view of all the purchases made towards your brand, I am among the last not to have received this update which would allow me to know if my fiber line is good or not. Thank you for taking into consideration my request given the number of equipment purchased from your brand. Thank you

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

You're not "among the last" to get this update. Its in beta testing. meaning a select few test it to make sure its stable and ready for  public release. 

And something else to keep in mind, this is the public forum. Where members of the public help others out. We're not netgear. You might find the a few moderators on here but there isn't many and they're monitoring the whole forum for issues/problems.  

Message 2 of 6
prince-horus
Tutor

Oh I'm sorry I don't know where to post my email, but the attempt to download this firmware is very long, apologize so
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're definitely not the last, lots of people have signed up for the beta. People are being invited frequently, keep an eye on your emails as it could come at any moment.
Message 4 of 6
prince-horus
Tutor

hi Fraser,you know why the delay is so long and you know why the people are impatient to try duma os 3.0,i've contourned the issue of the duma os xr500 on a line fiber gigabit by my own purchases. i know that the issue doesn't the fault of hardware or soft but i would use the duma os 3.0 to see if my line is perfect because all the sites or programmes tell me that i've 0.2 ms of jitter on a ping of 4ms. How it's possible the route to play is in exemple 50 ms and a friend has a router quadcore 2.4 ghz with out geofiltre and his ping is 30ms.the issue is his line fiber has a baseping 6ms and in game 30ms without geofiltre,i have 4ms and in game 50ms with geo filtre,can u explain me if it is the infrastructure of the FAI the issue and maybe it's not possible to find the gaming paradise.

i am only a passionnate of game that not understand why there is 6 years,we should only plug a ps3 on wifi and it was magic and today with fiber ,it's unplayable except you find ways ,sorry for the long text...prince

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's entirely possible your ISP routing isn't as good which is why the ping is higher, or that you're connecting to different servers. Try using Ping Assist (PA) to find the lowest possible server and then force that - it may be mis-located that's why it would be best to use PA to find it.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7