× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: eaithernet port speed

Mark9816
Apprentice

eaithernet port speed

I have been getting diffrent color lights on the front of the router for my pc and PS4 Pro. I went in to the router and for some reason my pc is showing 100mg and the PS4 shows 10000mg why??? The router used to show 2 white color lights but now dose not any ideas.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Mark9816
Apprentice

Problem solved I got a USB 3.0 gbt ethernet adaptor and it solved the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Bad connector, bad cable, ...

Message 2 of 6
Mark9816
Apprentice

Ive tried diffrent cables and it did nothing changing ports on the router did nothing. So I guess its the pc then. Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Check your PC ethernet/wifi adapter, you may be able to change the link speed to 1000mbps - it may be limited by settings or the adapter itself is not capable.
Message 4 of 6
Mark9816
Apprentice

Thank you I will look in to that because I just know it used to have to white lights on,  on the front of the router one for ps4 and one for pc and now only the ps4 gets a white light and the router says what it says on the dash board but with all the updates to windows 10 who knows if some thing got changed by an update. But being a labtop who knows if its just a 100mg port but it should of allways been a oreange light and it was not. Thank you all for the help on this issue.

Message 5 of 6
Mark9816
Apprentice

Problem solved I got a USB 3.0 gbt ethernet adaptor and it solved the problem.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7