× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: extremely slow WAN speeds

Thakaekae
Tutor

extremely slow WAN speeds

So i bought this router to see if it would have with my routing to Destiny 2 servers . When i was running the setup it initially said i had 117d/13.4u speeds. then shortly after i had to update firm ware. after that i noticed m,y wired sppeds drop completely. i was getting 1-1.5d/0.02 up and everything was impossible and barely loading.I didnt change a thing it just instantly went to nothing.i tried all 4 ethernet ports and nothing still changed. so i did a factory reset thinking it was the firmware. well apparently the firmware does not reset so i went and exchanged for a new 1 to see. then new 1 did the same thing during setup. initial DL speeds was 116 and uplaod was 11.6. then it went to firmware update and wouldnt let me not update it. but i just exited outta the program and waited awhile. eventually it let me in the mainscreen with original firmware . But my wired connection literally went back to nothing. was gettin 1-1.2 DL and 0.01 or nothing on my upload speed and woulkd literally just time out. my ping to w/e server using speedtest.net was 2000 when it would actually work. i havent changed any settings, my other router i have ac1750 r6900v2 works fine. i had this issue with a firmware update but just reverted back to a different older firmware and it works fine. really just want this router for the dumaOS. but looks like this whoole systerm is flawed. i just dont understand how initially its tell me my DL/upL speeds are fine and then a few mintues later it is garbage, while my wireless speeds are completely fine....any suggestions 

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 8
Thakaekae
Tutor

FW - 1.0.3.34

arris surfboard sb6183

my isp is spectrum i have the 100dl/10up plan

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you didn't change any settings after the setup wizard then you wouldn't have changed the bandwidth settings to put in the speeds you should get to allow you to get to higher speeds. You can always downgrade to the previous firmware after completing the setup wizard if you find it to be more stable for you.
Message 4 of 8
Thakaekae
Tutor

Like in the QoS area with the slide bars? It auto.atically did that when I ran thru the set up. Checking internet speeds and I got 117.3 do and 13.6 I think upload. And that was hardwired and then a couple mins later after I finished the initial setup I had no speeds . Unless I am missing something I thought that's what that was all about.
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that's right, no that's correct. Thanks for clarifying. If you disable QoS completely from that same menu where you enter the speeds do you get full speeds then?
Message 6 of 8
Thakaekae
Tutor

No actually interesting situation. So I packaged up the router ready to take it back and woke up today like I'll give it 1 more shot. Turned everything off even my comp. Connected everything. Powered up everything and it works fine.... no issues atm . Qos was disabled . I fine tuned some if the settings and still is running great. Weird ...but thnx for the replies and assistance.
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, most likely what it was is that sometimes when using a new router it can take a few days for your ISP to 'sync' with the new router. In that time you can experience slower speeds than normal.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7