× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

faulty xr700 netgear Terrible Customer Service

asus009
Aspirant

faulty xr700 netgear Terrible Customer Service

It is now 7DAYS later and still no contact! Netgear refused to return the product

xr700 my speed test is about half as what they should be directly connected through ethernet I QoS is off then DumaOS 

on my asus Gt-5300 gives me full speed at 930mb
I've left messages on the support ticket, but non have even been acknowledged

Have had my ticket closed for no reason

NETGEAR Support

2020-08-07 15:50:56

Additional To: @xxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk CC: BCC: kamna.sarin@netgear-support.com Attachment: Subject: (IW) speed issues (43184513) [ ref:_00D30xsV._5000y1lHKZq:ref ] Body: Dear xxxxxxx, I called you but there was no response from your end let me go ahead and close this case, if you need any further assistance regarding the same issue please create a new case and refer this case number ,so that we can assist you accordingly. If you need any other further assistance, kindly visit our support web site www.support.netgear.com or community.netgear.com It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for choosing NETGEAR. Have a great day! Regards, NETGEAR Support​ ref:_00D30xsV._5000y1lHKZq:ref

I’ve been on the phone 6 hours yesterday 3 hours today with tech support who doesn’t support they are clueless

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 14
asus009
Aspirant

Re: faulty xr700 netgear Terrible Customer Service

New ticket open still no reply

NETGEAR Support

2020-08-11 6:45:49

Dear xxxxxx, Thank you for choosing NETGEAR. My name is Priyanka, I am your support expert for today. I can understand your concern and I will surely help you with that. I would request you to re-flash the router firmware and perform soft reset to fix the issue Firmware download link: https://kb.netgear.com/000061373/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-20 Once update the route firmware, soft rest the router using below steps. Kindly take a back up of your wireless name and password. Below instructions for factor reset in soft mode. 1.Enter http://www.routerlogin.net. > A login window opens. 2. complete the route set up Please let us know the results so that we can determine the next action. ****Please be aware that your case will auto-close after 7 days of inactivity**** If you need any other further assistance, kindly visit our support web site www.support.netgear.com or community.netgear.com A notice will automatically be sent to your email address when I respond to your inquiry. Please DO NOT REPLY to that email. Instead, to add additional information to your case, click No to the question "Was your problem resolved with the information provided by the NETGEAR representative above?" If you click YES, your case will be closed and a separate email containing a survey link will be sent so you can share with us your customer support experience. Please rate the support and service I provided you. It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for choosing NETGEAR. Have a great day! Regards, Priyanka, NETGEAR Technical Support.

Online Comment

2020-08-11 11:38:06

Have tried all steps still the same speed issues.router is struggling to even achieve 400mb on my 1gbs connection
Message 2 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with support. What I would recommend is actually upgrading to this firmware https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix but upgrade by using this TFTP method: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP this will bypass the boot process so if there are any issues there it should prevent them happening. Once you've done that would suggest doing a factory reset. That will perform the freshest install possible and hopefully resolve the issues.

Message 3 of 14
asus009
Aspirant

Thank you, I tried that but my speeds are still slow 370 down  - 119 up done many test still same results

I just need netgear to exchange this router.☹

Message 4 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So you tried using the TFTP method? How did you turn QoS off exactly? Did you do it in the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line menu?
Message 5 of 14
asus009
Aspirant

Hi,Yes Updated the router firmware using putty tftp

Qos Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line menu, Disable qos ticked

still the same very low speeds 370Mbps down, upload is great 122Mbps ping is around 3ms

Bt fttp 900/110  I contacted my Asus GT-5300 router getting 933Mbps down 122Mbps up

many thanks

Message 6 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Note down the MAC address of the Asus router and then on the XR router go to Internet Setup and then put that MAC address in, apply and reboot. Then see if you get higher speeds then.
Message 7 of 14
asus009
Aspirant

Hi, tried that still same lower speed  router now cannot achieve anything above 200Mbps

hard wired 

many thanks

Message 8 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you put it in AP mode are you able to achieve faster speeds that way?
Message 9 of 14
asus009
Aspirant

just tried that with Asus and bt home hub can not get speed's above 300Mbps

also have swapped out lan cables and different pc still same results.

Message 10 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So you can't get over 300 in AP Mode either? That's very strange. If you plug the ethernet cable that's plugged into the internet port of the XR into your PC instead what speeds do you get?
Message 11 of 14
asus009
Aspirant

Hi i get 930Mbps to pc with asus router on xr700 speed keeps going down 400-180 after few hours

router is getting very hot there is free flow of air all around it

many thanks

Message 12 of 14
asus009
Aspirant

how can I get netgear exchange the router?

Message 13 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Might be worth giving them a call as when in AP mode the DumaOS doesn't function basically so it's not a DumaOS issue so it's either a hardware or Netgear software issue most likely.
Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7