× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

geo filter

Rick6922
Luminary

geo filter

is the top 2 bars in the antibuffer bloat what im limiting the other devices too or is it what Im getting?I bought the xr700 a couple days ago to use with xbox 1x and black ops 4.I set up Qos and Geo filter only added my xbox as a  priority giving it 70% on up load and download. the game runs great on my modem alone [ netgear cm1000]  but i figured i could get better with the 700 wired straight in.I posted this in another post and was asked which FW I was running. what modem and to factory reset  and reinstall FW. I did . no change. if I turn off Qos and geo filter it works fine. is netduma and dumaos the same? when i look in optimizing the geo filter in netduma it shows you can link directly to xbox live. i cant find that along with some other things.

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: geo filter

Hi Rick,

Those two Anti-Bufferbloat bars set how much your total bandwidth will be limited to. For example, if you had 100mbps total and set it to 70%, you will now have 70mpbs. This ensures there's always room for low latency applications like games.

Here are the best guides for setting up QoS and the Geo-Filter on your DumaOS powered router:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-...

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

Message 2 of 7
Rick6922
Luminary

Thanks for the reply. I want 70% of my internet going to my xbox and 30% going to other devices. So if I set the sliders to 70%. is that the Xbox or every thing total? on the anti buffer bloat page i have 70% on the the sliders. then down in Bandwidth allocation -download Ive got the xbox1 set at 70%. when I have that enabled I get in game lag.if i turn the anti buffer bloat off i dont have the lag which leads me to belive Ive got the setting wrong. Im a pretty serious gamer and the only reson I bought the big money router is for anti buffer bloat and geo-filter.what should i have my setting set at?

Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Anti-Bufferbloat applies to everything. If it's better off then it sounds like it's not configured correctly. Put the speeds you pay for in Anti-Bufferbloat's options menu. 70% for both download & upload sliders. Change Anti-Bufferbloat to apply 'Always'. You can leave Bandwidth Allocation default most likely, just ensure share excess is ticket for Bandwidth Allocation on both download/upload. Gaming barely uses any bandwidth so giving it 70% is overkill. Then remove any manual rules from Traffic Prioritization and leave DumaOS Classified Games enabled. Geo-Filter place your radius where you live and use the CoD profile.
Message 4 of 7
Rick6922
Luminary

did that and so far so good, thanks a bunch.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Chanharr
Aspirant

Hi Jack,

The NetdumaOS instructions for the open beta, is that firmware image compatible with the Netgear XR500? I got access to the Open Beta, but the file download came in as a .sig and is not a .img

Thanks!
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi there - no that firmware is just for the Netduma R1. You will not be able to install it on th XR500.

The next XR500 firmware is going through internal testing at NETGEAR (the final step before release), so it should hopefully be out there soon.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7