× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

help connect xr500 gaming router

lamerida
Aspirant

help connect xr500 gaming router

this may be a silly question but I dont know alot about connecting our new Nighthawk gaming router xr500.

So my original network is still showing in the list along with the nighthawk connection. Why are both networks showing? Do we all connect to the new connection or leave some on the original connection? I thought it was just going to combine and it be one connection. If these are 2 separate network connections then how will I see improvement from new network. Im so confused. Any help will be appreciated
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: help connect xr500 gaming router

You only pay for one internet connection so it is just various ways to connect to the internet. I would recommend you access the interface of your previous router and set it to modem or bridge mode which will disable the WiFi and provide the best connection. Then connect all devices to the XR500 WiFi.
Message 2 of 4
lamerida
Aspirant

Ok I understand what your saying. I hope this will be easy to figure out. So its just that easy? Go to interface page and switch to bridge or modem? This stuff stresses me out
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Look up the model of the router/modem you have and then you can search for the information about that, if it doesn't have it then let me know. It should be quite straight forward.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7