× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: help

Doxerr
Guide

help

Hi everyone! i have a question, i have FTTN and i want too get the benefits of the dumaOS, can i run my ISP modem and run the XR1000 Router at the same time? basically i want too use the router for gaming only and allow other house members too use the ISP connection, i heard you can run a WAN cable from the ISP modem to the WAN port on the router and gain connection like that or do i have too bridge connections? thank you for anyone that replies and sorry if thats a little confusing

Message 1 of 14
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You can do this, yes. You'll need to run a cable from one of the LAN ports on your ISP equipment to the WAN port on the XR1000. 

Please be aware though, if you've got other devices on the network connected to the modem, you won't be able to use QoS to it's full benefit. QoS relies on having all devices on the network conencted through the DumaOS router to ensure it can prioritise important traffic over less important traffic.

Message 2 of 14
Doxerr
Guide

thank you for the reply, doing it via that method will i still get the full potential of the dumaOS? and if not id have too bridge the connection wouldnt i? because im pretty sure my ISP modem is a Modem/router.

Message 3 of 14
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Yes, it'd be better to connect the XR1000 to the modem, then connect all devices to the XR1000. That may require you bridging the ISP router or putting the XR1000 in it's DMZ if you run into NAT problems.

Message 4 of 14
Doxerr
Guide

thanks for the reply again, once it gets here and if i run into any problems ill be sure too message here again. thank you once again

Message 5 of 14
Doxerr
Guide

hey mate, i just got the XR1000 and i factory reset/updated firmware but it just keeps automatically rebooting if few minutes or so, any idea on how too fix it? thank you.

Message 6 of 14
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to access the DumaOS interface? Have you completed the setup wizard already?

If not, can you go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser and complete this, then see if you're still getting the same problem.

Message 7 of 14
Doxerr
Guide

yeah ive done the setup, but still its just randomly turning off and on

Message 8 of 14
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you using the original power adaptor that came with the XR?

Is it connected directly to a wall outlet, or is it connected to a power extender strip?

Could you try connecting it directly to the wall outlet and see if it's still rebooting?

Message 9 of 14
Doxerr
Guide

I have tried everything, but yet it still just reboots itself like it is in a loop cycle of 10 mintutes. its becoming pretty frustrating on my end

Message 10 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have another power adapter you could try in case that one is faulty?
Message 11 of 14
Doxerr
Guide

i have tried too switch between adapters, but it still has the same issue. although one adapter seems too keep it powered on for a little while longer

Message 12 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 13 of 14
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I agree with @FURRYe38 on this one, it sounds as though the physical hardware may be bad. Let us know if you have any further questions on it!

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7