× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: i recently buy the xr 500 nighthawk my question is does the qos do anything if u have only 1 dev

Dynaxr500
Guide

i recently buy the xr 500 nighthawk my question is does the qos do anything if u have only 1 device

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: i recently buy the xr 500 nighthawk my question is does the qos do anything if u have only 1 dev

If you are doing multiple things on that one device such as streaming and gaming then yes it will help. If you're just gaming then you're probably not experiencing local congestion, in which case it will not be as useful.
Message 2 of 5
Dynaxr500
Guide

I see thanks for the reply so i disable it completely? Because most of the time i just gaming
Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's up to you, keep in mind devices (even if a phone is connected) can do background updates which would cause you to lag. If it's truly just the console online then you could disable but you probably have enough bandwidth either way so not necessarily needed.
Message 4 of 5
Dynaxr500
Guide

I see thank u for the help
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7