× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

i sent my nighthawk xr500 to ap mode and i can't get back to router login page to change it back

bovaah
Aspirant

i sent my nighthawk xr500 to ap mode and i can't get back to router login page to change it back

i set my router to ap mode to try and fix a double nat issue i was having with my xboe one tonight and it didnt do anything and now i cant get to my router login page to change it back to normal. ive been trying to search this but i am not savvy with this side of the tech world so im having touble understanding what these people with solutions are talking about. HELP!

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: i sent my nighthawk xr500 to ap mode and i can't get back to router login page to change it back

Look at the connected clients list on the main host router. Look for the XR500 there. Find the IP address its given by the main host router. Connect to the XR500 using this IP address while in AP mode? 

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

You can always use the reset button to get the XR back to default router mode.

@bovaah wrote:

i set my router to ap mode to try and fix a double nat issue i was having with my xboe one tonight and it didnt do anything and now i cant get to my router login page to change it back to normal. ive been trying to search this but i am not savvy with this side of the tech world so im having touble understanding what these people with solutions are talking about. HELP!

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: i sent my nighthawk xr500 to ap mode and i can't get back to router login page to change it back

Would use the above advice. Also I wouldn't advise AP mode for the XR500 as you will miss out on all the features it has to improve your online experience. There are plenty of options in router mode to help you get an open NAT. Once you're back in router mode let us know what the issue with NAT is and we can help.
Message 3 of 6
bovaah
Aspirant

i would love to do this but again im not savvy so im not understanding what your saying to do. I wish there was a way to have you walk me through this. but i did have a question about a possible solution i thought of. If i press the reset button on the back would that turn it back to normal and i would just have to set everything back up again? that would be an easier fix that i would be able to do myself

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes the reset button in back pressed for 5 seconds then let go will reset the router back to default values then you can just set it up again from scratch. 

Review the user manual as well for additional information on resetting the router and setting up the router. 

@bovaah wrote:

i would love to do this but again im not savvy so im not understanding what your saying to do. I wish there was a way to have you walk me through this. but i did have a question about a possible solution i thought of. If i press the reset button on the back would that turn it back to normal and i would just have to set everything back up again? that would be an easier fix that i would be able to do myself

Message 5 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7