× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

images sent from phone are failing and having issues

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: images sent from phone are failing and having issues

That's just the link speed, it should show you what channels are being used by other WiFi networks in your area so you can choose the least congested channel. There is a free one on the Microsoft Store that you can use on your PC.
Message 26 of 33

Sorry for the confusion. 

In checking the networks in my area, I am the only one on channel 4 for 2.5GHz and the only one on channel 153 for 5GHz. Everyone around me is using channels 11 & 44. Let me know if this is not what you were looking for. 

Message 27 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that's good thank you. It's very confusing then why this is happening. Could you take a screenshot of the Advanced WiFi settings please?
Message 28 of 33

These should all be the defaults from the device reset. Screenshot attached 

Message 29 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try disabling MU-MIMO from there please - I'm not sure how new your phones are but might be they don't support it properly.
Message 30 of 33

I've only received 1 failure since making that change. I'm continuing to test but it does seem like an improvement (watch me be speaking too soon again. lol). My phone is a pixel 3, originally released in late 2018, so I would only imagine that it should be able to work with MU-MIMO without issue. Will having this setting disabled cause me any conflicts with other devices? 

Message 31 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's a good sign! No it shouldn't cause any issues for other devices.
Message 32 of 33

I appreciate the reply. I'll go ahead and mark this as resolved for the MU-MIMO change and hopefully (fingers crossed) this is all done. If you don't hear back from me, thank you for all your help. 

Message 33 of 33
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7