× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

internet speeds

Wyzfar
Aspirant

internet speeds

Hello i am recieving speeds lower then what i have set as an allocation on my ps4 i disabled Bufferbloat and share access i allocated 170 download to my ps4 and and recieving 65-70 i tested this multiple times and even on Dslreports on the ps4 browser i believe that it is the new firmware because my speeds have never been this low i actually did a full reset today on the router im not an average person when it comes to networking also reset my modem it has fixed an issue where speed testing for upload wasnt working thats fixed but seem to have introdouced a new issue a long the way !

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Wyzfar
Aspirant

Re: internet speeds

since it didn’t give me an option to edit I am now replying so I turned share access back on with all of the same allocations and i get up to 175 download like I should that I’ve allocated but this doesn’t make any sense why do my speeds get throttled with share access deactivated when i have the same allocation set ?
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: internet speeds

Console speed tests can be inaccurate so I would use a PC to double check speeds. With share excess off the device is limited to the allocation you have set it. With it enabled it can grab any unused bandwidth from other devices and therefore exceed its allocation.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7