× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

is it possible that my xr500 is the problem when streaming to twitch

JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

is it possible that my xr500 is the problem when streaming to twitch

i called my isp which is Rogers Cable and i told them my connection is unstable when uploading to twitch. and the guy told me to try connecting to my modem instead of the router/xr500 by ethernet of course. he said that sometimes the router is the cause. so i wanna know is it true or is he just making stuff up. my setup is i have my modem bridged to my xr500 and my streaming pc is connected to my xr500 via ethernet.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: is it possible that my xr500 is the problem when streaming to twitch

It's possible, but there are other potential causes.

First we should eliminate the possibility that QoS is the problem. To do this, go to QoS > Anti-Bufferbloat, open the side menu and tick Disable QoS. Now try streaming again and see if you fare any better.

If the problem remains, you can turn QoS back on again. We will try some traffic prioritization.

Message 2 of 6
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

it is QoS being enabled that is causing this. I turned QoS off and stream is stable and no rubber banding during call of duty

Message 3 of 6
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Hm, well that's interesting. It doesn't nessercarily mean that QoS is broken, it could just be misconfigured. Prioritizing the wrong thing. Check my reply to your other post. I think you'll need to specifically prioritize call of duty.

Message 4 of 6
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

and what about streaming? plus i play on console so i dont know how to traffic prioritize one game on console.

Message 5 of 6
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

If you're using a console you can just add it to Traffic Prioritization using the Games Console profile. This will cover all UDP traffic so hopefully will cover gameplay and not streaming.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7