× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: issues

Wyzfar
Aspirant

issues

Hello So i am having an issue setting up my Nighthawk xr500 i play competitive CoD (Call OF Duty) and need the best (Fastest Settings) also there a few Amazon firesticks in my house and i Stream my Gaming) Also when my mom watches TV on the amazon firestick she usally gets alot of buffering while doing so i turned the upload and download on the QoS to 70% now at this point id just think that its the amazon firestick but this is not the case since apparently it didnt do it as much when i was using the Default ISP Modem/Router Combo (Xfinity) My Download is 470 MBPS and Upload is 12 MBPS Please Help out 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the XR is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What freqency are the sticks connected too?

What game console do you have? How is it connected?

Message 2 of 12
Wyzfar
Aspirant

alright so i did everything you said and i havent checked for a difference yet but how does limiting my bandwith to 70% up and down work to give me the lowest ping and what about devices that need that speed does me limiting the sliders take away from my speeds like i get 470 down without limiting my speeds but when i drag the slider to 70% it brings it down to 323 download 

Message 3 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It ensures that no one device can saturate your bandwidth, ensuring your ping stays low. You won't notice much difference with speeds other than on a speed test
Message 4 of 12
Wyzfar
Aspirant

ok so if while im streaming its lowering my speeds so im only getting 2.84 out of 8.4 upload on my pc now the obvious thing would be toup the upload speed allocation to 3.5 upload since i stream at 3500 bitrate but wouldnt that be making other devices in my house slower?

Message 5 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You should have a total of 8.4 when using Anti-Bufferbloat at 70% so then if Bandwidth Allocation has share excess enabled for both download and upload your stream should be able to take the 3.5 upload it needs if other devices don't need it. If not then allocate that and try it. If still an issue then disable share excess on upload. Most devices don't use upload a lot so they shouldn't be impacted.
Message 6 of 12
Wyzfar
Aspirant

hello so even with allocating 3.84 upload and about 30 download to my pc i am still getting dropped frames and i dont know why i paid $300 for a router that isnt doing what it is supposed to do 

Message 7 of 12
Wyzfar
Aspirant

Dropped frames

hello so even with allocating 3.84 upload and about 30 download to my pc i am still getting dropped frames and i dont know why i paid $300 for a router that isnt doing what it is supposed to do 

Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the XR is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What freqency are the sticks connected too?

What game console do you have? How is it connected?

Message 9 of 12
Wyzfar
Aspirant

Re: Dropped frames

Voice and Data Modem

CISCO DPC3941TSerial #: 14987D1540FA Modem 

Im playing Hard Wired so i dont believe that info is needed im saying im getting dropped frames while streaming to twitch and the other problems i had are no longer problems 

and the 

Firmware Version V2.3.2.22
Message 10 of 12
Wyzfar
Aspirant

Re: Dropped frames -

Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Dropped frames -

Disable Traffic Prioritization completely, does that resolve the issue?
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7