× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: my nighthawk XR500 ?(V2.3.2.40) keeps kicking me out of PS4 online games constantly

Morales_king
Guide

my nighthawk XR500 ?(V2.3.2.40) keeps kicking me out of PS4 online games constantly

it all start like a week ago and i thought it was the router so i contacted amazon, and they sent me a new which ended it up being worst since as soon as i connected everything it was getting dos scan attacked every second by a random ip which is wierd, ended returning that one but my original one keeps disconnecting me from the COD servers, and Lagging for a few mins on the battlefield service , and battlefront 2 as well, i don't see any negative logs in the XR500, however i can see one perticular log on my modem which also happens to be a netgear CM1000. the log is Warning (5) message timeout and mac adresses for the modem, i get kick off the game as soon as the log shows on my modem, i have spoken to the netgear helpdesk and they really didnt know what was going on....... my ISP is sending a tech tomorrow just to check the signal which everything looks great on their end they say. one thing to notice is that my ps4 connected to my cell phone would work fine with no isssues, connected to the modem it self, it would just lag for 5 secs when that log shows up, and it would disconnect while connected to the XR500, i tried a different router and when the log shows it would be hit or miss, sometimes it would kick me off and sometimes it would just lag for 5 secs... it all says network connection timed out when i get kick off the game but i would still be signed in to the PSN network. sorry for the long story but i don't what else to do since this router is very expensive so i need your help is anyone knows anythig about the issue

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 18
plemans
Guru

Re: my nighthawk XR500 ?(V2.3.2.40) keeps kicking me out of PS4 online games constantly

do you have a screenshot of your modem connection info? 

in modem gui (192.168.100.1) 

Basic-->Cable Connection

Just curious how your connection is if you're still having  problems when directly connected, even if it isn't as bad. 

Message 2 of 18
Morales_king
Guide

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 3.35.07 PM.pngthere we goScreen Shot 2019-03-12 at 3.35.20 PM.png

Message 3 of 18
Morales_king
Guide

i'm getting them every 6-7 mins on regular use and every 5-6 mins when i play online Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 3.45.19 PM.png

Message 4 of 18
plemans
Guru

unfortunately I can't see any of your attachments on chrome, opera, or edge. 

Message 5 of 18
Morales_king
Guide

ill attach them to the message so can download them then. this is the first pic

Message 6 of 18
Morales_king
Guide

pic 2

Message 7 of 18
Morales_king
Guide

pic 3

Message 8 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What modem are you using? Are you able to edit any settings on its' interface such as giving the router a static IP? If so I would suggest that.
Message 9 of 18
plemans
Guru

Your power and SNR are within spec but that only shows a snapshot of right when its taken. Your upstream power levels are a little higher than downstream so there could be something there but it could also be an issue with the upstream receive power level seen at the CMTS headend.

do you have splitters in-line? If so how many? 

Is your incoming line grounded if its been split? 

Have you checked the line in the house for issues such as cracks, water damage, bad connectors?

With comcast coming out the next day I'd try taking splitters out of the connection and hooking the modem up as close to the incoming line as possible to remove the probablitliy of it being within your home. I know comcast charges if the problem is within your home and not from their line to the home. 

Message 10 of 18
Morales_king
Guide

i have a netgear cm1000 and yes i try giving my router an static ip with no luck, its now inturrcting my streaming services from services like hulu when the log appers and for what i can see the modem cable is connected straight to the wall.

Message 11 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay sounds like it's not a router problem at this stage. Plemans is giving some great advice and with Comcast visiting hopefully it'll be resolved
Message 12 of 18
Morales_king
Guide

yes, i would think so as well since at first i thought it was the router and got a replacement that kept gibving me the dosattack log by an ip every second, so netgear say it was normal but it was getting annoying to only see that in the log non stopped, so i sent that one back, but ive try the old airport exmtreme i had it would keep disconnecting and creating the modem log from time to time, well i hope cox would give me good news tomorrow hopefully becasuse i don't how to tell if its the modem or router you know

Message 13 of 18
Morales_king
Guide

update after two techs came in two different days, the router wasn't the issue, the signal got fixed but the modem kept losing connection for 4-5 seconds every 10 mins... i was thinking it was the line but i bought a new modem (SB6190) last night and so far it's working without issues at all. i think my CM1000 had so type of issue, is there a way to send it over to netgear so they could take a closer look?

Message 14 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear it wasn't the router causing the issue. How long has it been since you've purchased the CM1000? You can attempt to login and create a ticket here: http://support.netgear.com/ for them to take a look
Message 15 of 18
Morales_king
Guide

I bought January 8th this year from amazon
Message 16 of 18
plemans
Guru

Definitely within warranty.
Message 17 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI about SB 6190 modems:

http://www.badmodems.com

Hopefully your CM1000 can be fixed. Ask for and RMA.

@Morales_king wrote:

update after two techs came in two different days, the router wasn't the issue, the signal got fixed but the modem kept losing connection for 4-5 seconds every 10 mins... i was thinking it was the line but i bought a new modem (SB6190) last night and so far it's working without issues at all. i think my CM1000 had so type of issue, is there a way to send it over to netgear so they could take a closer look?

Message 18 of 18
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7