× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: my wired pc doesnt show in dumo

blackshirt40
Guide

my wired pc doesnt show in dumo

most of the time, the dumo os doest see my wired pc, in the network monitoring section or the network map, also when are you guys going to fix the pc settings in dumo so we dont have to change our pc to a console...

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 24
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

We have fixed the need to change PC to console in our current development version (for Fortnite, which is the most common reason to need to do this).

Network Monitor shows the top 5 devices using the most bandwidth. So if you cannot see it, I suspect it's because it's not using much bandwidth at the time. If you want to be able to see it, download something on your PC e.g. a YouTube video, and it should then show.

Message 2 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

even running a speed test on my pc wont show it, and in the device manager it shows my pc off line and not connected to lan, everything works fine i guess its just a bug, ill check again but if i remember correctly not having my pc as a console wont trigger qos traffic priorataztion when i play league of legends

Message 3 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How do you have your PC wired to the router, is it through a switch or router before connected behind the XR500?
Message 4 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

just cable to modem then modem to x500, im hardlined to x500

Message 5 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Will it allow you to delete the device from the device manager? If not reboot the router, does your device show online then?
Message 6 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

now the type changed back to pc, it was on ps4, but its still sitting in the offline section.. not showing any traffic moving or that it even has an ip address, but the internet does work just fine on pc

Message 7 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

little more info, the network overview does detect the data, but nothing in the network snapshot

Message 8 of 24
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

What are the other devices in the network snapshot? My guess would be another device is representing your PC, possibly due to it accidentally being misnamed.

If you're not sure what's going on, then the simplest solution to this is a factory reset, as you can then start fresh again: https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router

Message 9 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

ill try a factory reset later ( thats actually hitting the reset swith on the routher corret?), but its nots asaigned as something else because one there is nothing else hardwired and it shows only things connected in wifi, also when i use data none of the other things spike with usage, also i recconize all of my other devices....

Message 10 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

network map.jpg

Message 11 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

also i confirmed, i have to turn my pc to console for qos to notice league of legends and prioritize 

Message 12 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Factory reset you can use the pin hole in the back of the router or go to the router settings in Administration > Back Up Settings > Erase to do so. Do the reset and then see if it appears correctly after that.

We're aware of the LoL Traffic Prio issue. When PC games updates themselves they can sometimes become outdated on Traffic Prio.
Message 13 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

so after doing the factory clear and  some time to see if it happened again, this is what i have to share, my pc now does stay displayed in the network map(didnt before);  network overview does see the data flowing(didnt before);  does not show in the network snapshot(this is the same).

i know that it only shows the top five devices using the most data, but even running speed tests multiple times in a row, my pc never makes an appearance.

Not a life shattering bug, but a bug none the less.

Message 14 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the information, glad to hear it's performing better now. How much are other devices using?
Message 15 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

normaly hardly any, even if my computer is the only device using data it wont show up on the snapshot.

Message 16 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you post some screenshots of it being online and the network monitor please when you're running a speedtest
Message 17 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

network snapshot.jpg

Message 18 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Will have to wait for the picture to be moderated before I can see it unless you can provide it via imgur for example
Message 19 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

im not really familar with that or how to attach it i could email it?

Message 20 of 24
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

If you go to this website: https://imgur.com/upload

Choose upload and after it has complete, there should be a web link you can post in here for us to view. Thanks.

Message 21 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

Message 22 of 24
blackshirt40
Guide

I added the imgur
Message 23 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay very interesting, thank you. Can you give the device a static IP in Settings and then reboot the router and see if it works correctly then please.
Message 24 of 24
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7