× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: netgear xr1000 gaming router

SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

netgear xr1000 gaming router

so i updated the xr1000 to the newest firmware in for some reason i keep getting a error code Uncaught TypeError: $(...)[0].getApp is not a function everytime i log into the router in sometimes it takes forever for it to even load. please look into thank you.

Message 1 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you haven't already it is recommended to do a factory reset after an update to ensure no issues carry over from the previous version, I suspect if you do so the issue will be resolved.
Message 2 of 18
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

so i  did what u said in still getting the same error code Uncaught TypeError: $(...)[0].getApp  in it still taking forever to load even after reset you all gotta loook into it. with this new update.

Message 3 of 18
SKWildCat
Aspirant

Uncaught TypeError: $(...)[0].getApp is not a function, Problem I have a problem what to do

Message 4 of 18
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

@SuicideSquad420 

Could you please clear your browsers cache now and that should then clear it for you.

@SKWildCat 

As above, please factory reset the XR1000 after installing the firmware and clear your browsers cache.

Message 5 of 18
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

thank you did the reset still was doing it cleared my cache now its gone thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 18
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

so now im getting a error code when trying to log into the router now starting to be weird ever since i updated to the newest update i had have problems with this router the error im getting now tho is haserl CGI Error

Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'
Message 7 of 18
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

ok sooo my router keeps factory reseting itsself after the new update to why??????? i need a fix asap. i mean this update broke my router.

Message 8 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That error should be resolved by a reboot. How can you tell it's doing a reset - is the wizard showing up every time you access? How often is it trying to reset? When you did the reset previously did you do it via the interface or hardware?
Message 9 of 18
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

i did the reset from hardware the back of the router this update broke my router now even when i reset the router it just keeps factory reseting its self.

Message 10 of 18
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

how would i go by trying to reset by the  interface 

Message 11 of 18
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

yes the router whenever its being reseted it goes to the wizard.

Message 12 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Complete the wizard as quickly as you can then go to Settings > Administration > Backup Settings then click erase and see if that breaks the cycle
Message 13 of 18
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

sooo i did alot of testing again with this new update in the router seems broken with it its doing the same crap again its starting to bug me please fix it asap are replace my router. im starting to hate this now.

Message 14 of 18
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

im telll you right now this new update broke my router.... i tried everything u said in stilll doing the same stuff with it. tried reseting etc noting is helping it it happen right after i updated in has been happening ever since. 

Message 15 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's giving you the same errors still or you're experiencing other issues as well? May be best to downgrade back to a version that was more stable for you until a new update is available. For a replacement you would have to make a ticket with Netgear directly, it's not something we can advise on.
Message 16 of 18
SuicideSquad420
Apprentice

man im be honest don't even try to reset this router its goin to keep happening. i been dealing with it for months noting changed with it. so i just gave on the router for now till i can see if they fix it with an update if that dosn't happen im just goin to take my 300 dollar loss in move on from it like i did months ago. in i love netgear in netduma routers but everything they try in tell you to do don't work at all man. i hope it gets fixed in the next update we need it asap. 

Message 17 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you reply to let us know we can keep troubleshooting with you, did you pursue a replacement?
Message 18 of 18
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7