× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: not getting full veriszon gigabit speed on nighthawk

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What speed test site are you using to test? Do you get the same on other sites as well? Move any devices that use wireless communications e.g headphones, anything away from the router as they could interfere with the signal.
Message 26 of 31
Jmat94
Aspirant

I’m running Ethernet only no WiFi so the speed test I’m running is from Netgear and it goes to ookala and my labtoo supports gbt speed so from my Ethernet I’m only getting maybe 500 and I also had a tech come out he’s getting full speed from the jack
Message 27 of 31
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay I'm a bit confused then. You said previously that ethernet to the router you were getting very high speeds, is that not the case?

Don't use the speed test from the setup wizard, use the actual Ookla speed test site, what do you get via ethernet and WiFi?
Message 28 of 31
steinamo
Tutor

I think there are two different people you guys are replying to in this thread. I've been getting the most help, but I am not OP.

In my case, things have gotten worse. I enabled 160mhz, but when I look on the wifi analyzer the channels that are identified as 160mhz are not available to select as channels in the Duma/XR500 settings. Speeds are even worse now on wifi than they were before. I'm convinced at this point that this router is beyond hope. Not sure I could recommend this product to anyone.

Message 29 of 31
steinamo
Tutor

Ugh, in fact, I cannot seem to access any channels except the 20mhz channels. I cannot seem to find anything online about this. 

Message 30 of 31
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

@schumaku posted a good answer as to why you can't choose non-20MHz channels on your other thread: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR500-only-showing-20mhz-channels/m-p/...

Message 31 of 31
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7