× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: packet burst and lag xr300 but not with my isps router help

jp_otoole12
Aspirant

packet burst and lag xr300 but not with my isps router help

Hi im new to gaming routers i brought the xr300  about two months ago and im finding my isps router dosnt give me packet burst or lag but when i connect the xr300 i get alot of lag packet burst while playing on ps4 ive tried the guides to no avail any help would be brilliant as i feel i just waisted my money on a product i thought would he me out thank in advance.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

First of all I would highly recommend going through our optimal settings guides: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646 as they'll give you settings to use and help you understand how the router works. What is your average ping shown by the Geo-Filter? Are you using QoS?
Message 2 of 10
jp_otoole12
Aspirant

Thanks for speedy responce ping 25 and yes im using qos

the problem is lag when connected to xr300 wired,But when i take the xr300 off

and use the hub3 i dont lag at all.not just happening in one just game awell 

Message 3 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That is a pretty good ping. Do my above suggestion so you eliminate the lag as much as possible.
Message 4 of 10
jp_otoole12
Aspirant

ive been trying everything in the guides for a month now nothing helps

thanks again

Message 5 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What QoS settings are you using? Can you describe the type of lag you're getting?
Message 6 of 10
jp_otoole12
Aspirant

70/70 abb. bandwidth allacation even for all devices lag is like its stuttering and skipping not smooth at all. but as i say i dont get that with the hub3 its smooth 

Message 7 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

70% is just a suggestion so experiment with it to find what works best for you, use 'Always' as well. Are you using Traffic Prioritization?
Message 8 of 10
jp_otoole12
Aspirant

yes im using Traffic Prioritization games console and ive played around with the sliders also

Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Use this guide while saturating the network with downloads and streams and experiment with the sliders to see what brings down the ping the most/keeps it the most stable: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7