× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

packet prioritization xr500 not working

xoangana
Aspirant

packet prioritization xr500 not working

Hi,

I'm trying to get packet prioritization working on my xr500, it doesn't recognize fortnite, it won't recognize the game packets no matter what I try, manual, auto and the "dumaOS classified games" all ignore the game packets.

I have tried downgrading to .120 and .114 but that didn't fix the problem, I did a factory reset from the dumaOS gui after each fw up/down grade and set everything up again from scratch but still can't get it to work, is this feature working for everyone else? 

is this a known issue?

Thanks.

FW: V2.3.2.134

it is connected straight to the starlink dish poe adapter on the lan side, using a 3 foot cat8 cable.

Everything works except detecting and prioritizing game packets, it used to work just fine and I could see it prioritizing the packets but for some reason it stopped working, it could have been the update that killed it not sure though as it took me a while to notice it stopped working, none of my hardware has changed.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: packet prioritization xr500 not working

It won't prioritize all the traffic from your PC, most web traffic occurs on port 80/443, the Games Console service starts at port 1024. Resync the cloud from the Device Manager, Geo-Filter and Ping Heatmap, then see if Classified Games prioritizes correctly.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Make a manual rule and use the Games Console service and that should work
Message 2 of 9
xoangana
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, I just tried making a manual QoS rule and adding my desktop as game console, I then went into the device manager and changed the same device (my desktop) to games console, I am still not getting prioritized packets when playing the game.

Is it working for anyone else on the latest patch?

Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

On your PC, check the local/LAN IP it has on the Windows network settings, then go on the router and go to the Device Manager and click on the device you think is your PC, do those IPs match? No it's working for everyone as far as we are aware. Were there any settings you changed prior to it stopping working?
Message 4 of 9
xoangana
Aspirant

The IP's match.

I was able to get prioritization to work as game console but I had to use the physical reset button on the router instead of reset to factory settings from the settings menu, after using the button to reset the router, I was able to get it to recognize packets by using the manual settings for game console and changing my device type to game console from the router device manager. This isn't the best solution either as it will prioritize all my pc traffic instead of just the game that I want but I guess it is better than nothing, I still can't get duma classified games to recognize my specific game, I wonder if they need to update something to get it the recognize the game executables that have probably all seen client updates and it seems from this forum that many games aren't detected any more.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It won't prioritize all the traffic from your PC, most web traffic occurs on port 80/443, the Games Console service starts at port 1024. Resync the cloud from the Device Manager, Geo-Filter and Ping Heatmap, then see if Classified Games prioritizes correctly.
Message 6 of 9
xoangana
Aspirant

Thanks, that fixed it!

Duma classified games is detecting my game again after syncing Device Manager, Geo-Filter and Ping Heatmap.

Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, thanks for the update!
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7