× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

please help! New router won’t let me join game chat

Oh_My_Grimm
Follower

please help! New router won’t let me join game chat

I’m at my wits end I have tried everything, I have a NAT type 2 I can talk in party chat just fine but game chat on every game I’m muted and so is everyone else. I have tried it all, I did the DMZ I tried port forwarding I assigned a new IP. And nothing. The only difference is my new router could it be the geofliter? I removed all devices as well and I still can’t talk in game chat or hear anyone else. Please help!
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: please help! New router won’t let me join game chat

You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

That's where experts in the XR700 hang out.

Could it be a setting on the device you are using for gaming?

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Netduma_Jack @Netduma-Fraser @Netduma_Luke food for thought - thank you!

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

How are you connected to the router? Wired or wireless? 

@Oh_My_Grimm wrote:
I’m at my wits end I have tried everything, I have a NAT type 2 I can talk in party chat just fine but game chat on every game I’m muted and so is everyone else. I have tried it all, I did the DMZ I tried port forwarding I assigned a new IP. And nothing. The only difference is my new router could it be the geofliter? I removed all devices as well and I still can’t talk in game chat or hear anyone else. Please help!

Message 4 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Are you 100% sure you haven't accidentally muted yourself in-game?

If you switch the Geo-Filter to Spectating Mode, can you then here everyone? The fact you don't have any devices added though should mean this is either just a port issue, or something else e.g. in-game setting.

One way to confirm for sure is to connect your device to your modem. Do you have the same problem then or does it go away?

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7