× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

problem might be sorted

jebrown1979
Guide

problem might be sorted

ok so after hours of testing i think i might have sortd my problem while playing pes2020 on my 4k tv downstairs on wifi game played so so smooth but when i put it upstairs game feels terrible i tried anti bufferbloat off was the same but then i tried removing my ps4 from the filtering on the geo filter and boom players had a response game feels so much smoother i dont know if it is because i had too many restrictions on like anti-bufferbloat and duma os games on at the same time or because the game is p2p but removing my ps4 from the filtering on the geo filter seemed to do the trick

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: problem might be sorted

Are you playing on WiFi upstairs? If so it sounds like upstairs there is more WiFi congestion. The fact it differed so much just by changing rooms doesn't indicate a settings issue but as long as you're having a good experience that is all that matters.
Message 2 of 11
jebrown1979
Guide

No wired upstairs always wired just tried WiFi downstairs just to see and yeah it seems weird I just didn’t know what to do to fix it because the WiFi worked much faster than my wired connection always has just wish I knew what the problem is/was like I say not an expert just don’t know how to pinpoint the problem
Message 3 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It could be the cable then in that case, I would try doing a ping when connected via the ethernet cable and then another when connected to the WiFi and see if there is a difference.
Message 4 of 11
jebrown1979
Guide

Hahaha and I just bought some cat7 cables should have stuck to the cat5e patch cables that came with the router and from my isp but ok will do a ping test and tell you the results later
Message 5 of 11
jebrown1979
Guide

Also are you asking me to a ping test through the PS4 web browser
Message 6 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Preferably use a PC for both tests as it will be easier to do. Also switch back to the other cables and test as well to see if there is a difference.
Message 7 of 11
jebrown1979
Guide

also is it best to use a patch cable from modem to router and same from router to ps4 because they all say patch cable apart from them cat 7 ones i bought

Message 8 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As long as the patch cables do not limit the speeds you pay for then you can use either.
Message 9 of 11
jebrown1979
Guide

Sorry for late reply been working away but did a days testing yesterday with all different types of cables they all came back fine but when I am playing a game is when it becomes slow and unresponsive. Brought my PS4 back downstairs over WiFi with no geo filter or anything all games are fine I am at my wits end with this. Now I am thinking is there a problem with PS4 pro or a problem over Ethernet or have I totally set my router up wrong when playing over Ethernet it’s just weird how my WiFi 5g is faster and more responsive than my wired connection. I am back for a month so hopefully can get this sorted out
Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just re-reading, the router is upstairs? Does this mean it is connected to power line adapters to connect it to the ISP hub downstairs? Also it sounds like you still have devices connected to the ISP hub is that right?
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7