Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ps4 not connecting to router nighthawk x6 R8000

chrisbbreezy
Tutor

ps4 not connecting to router nighthawk x6 R8000

ps4 wont connect to internet i tried everything so far and dont know what it can be and apparently it is a known issue with this model any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Try this, the .46 version of the firmware integrated netgear Armor. Some devices had issues with that. 

Try installing the .28 firmware to the router, factory resetting, and setting it back up without using a backup configuration. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

@chrisbbreezy wrote:
ps4 wont connect to internet i tried everything so far and dont know what it can be and apparently it is a known issue with this model any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, we don't know what you've tried. Go into details. We're not there to see what you're doing.

have you tried a wireless connection?

Wired connection?

are you going into the PS4's networks settings to estabilish the connection when you change it?

What errors are you getting?

Firmware on your router?

What modem are you using? 

Message 2 of 10
chrisbbreezy
Tutor

so problems started when it would randomly drop my ps4 and i would have to reconnect, then one day it wouldnt allow getting passed the I.p Address when the ps4 attempts to gain access to internet. so i tried using wireless same thing happened. since then it cant access the internet directly without me using a bridge connection. which i have been doing since with my msi laptop. i have conferred with both my ISP and Sony both have run diagnostics and trouble shooting on there end and it isnt from them either. no blocks nothing. i have made sure alll ports are open and will double check again,

current firmware is 1.0.4.46 

the error code on my ps4 is (CE-33986-9)

im currently using the standard Arris modem model number TM882G

i have checked the modem and when i connect directly to the modem its connects instantly 

i have multiple devices on the router as i am not the only one living here and everything else connects. as i said my ps4 can onnect but through a bridge connection. any ideas on what i can do to fix this would help thank you.

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

when you're connecting the ps4 to the router, is it mainly hardwired?

have you tried assisnging it a static ip address or reserved address? 

Are you using QoS, circle, armor, or a vpn? 

have you tried a scortched earth policy and tried factory resetting the R8000 and reinstalling it? If you reinstall it with only setting up the ssid/password and internet connection, does it work then? 

Message 4 of 10
chrisbbreezy
Tutor

i connect the ps4 mainly through a wired connection for a more stable  connection always. however since this issue came up roughly a year ago. i cannot connect through wired or wireless connection. it wont get passed further  then the ip adress. 

i dont not use any of qos circle amor or vpn never had too. i havent tried reassigining a static ip adress . the r8000 was factory reset before i believe, and i dont have any firewalls up that would block my ps4. as i said the only way i currently gain access with my ps4 is using a bridged connection from my gaming laptop. 

which is odd that it allows that but not me connecting directly through wired connection.

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

Try this, the .46 version of the firmware integrated netgear Armor. Some devices had issues with that. 

Try installing the .28 firmware to the router, factory resetting, and setting it back up without using a backup configuration. 

Message 6 of 10
chrisbbreezy
Tutor

that fix it! oh man thank you so much for the insight a year long battle finally over lol thank you and happy new year!

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear that got it working for you!

Message 8 of 10
chrisbbreezy
Tutor

it did. but i just unexpecedtly got dropped out of the internet again and it wouldnt let me back in right away. hopefully this was a fluke, but got me nervous cause this was the same issue i encountered when the issue first started. a series of unexpected drops and then total lost of connection. i just reconnected and now its doing it again spradic drops. 

Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

Just seems odd the the issue is only with the PS4 and the fact that the ps4 doesn't have any issue if directly connected to the modem. 

Do you have a spare switch laying around. If you go R8000----switch-----ps4, does it work?

Have you tried changing out the ethernet cable the ps4 uses? 

Areyou setting up anything else on the router other than your internet connection and ssid/password?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7