× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: questions about settings

Ghost865
Aspirant

questions about settings

ok first things first why is my ping/connection in the RED wile useing this XR500 on PS4 PRO (wired) I play alot of BF4 as long as i useing this router my connection & speeds are garbage.Every game i play my ping  &  connection is horrible.i attatched 2 pics from my connection to the BF4 server i allways play on plus a pic of my download speed. My internet speed  is 400 down & 25 up plus i do not have Qos enabled cause i figiured it was that that was making me have high ping & connection issues along with majorly bad  down & up speeds.I havent updated to the newest firmware cause i tryed that yesterday and it fried my router no clue why but i have to get a new one and customer support recommended to do so....DOES ANY1 HAVE SOLUTIONS FOR THIS OR FIXES

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Well QoS is literally designed to prevent lag so definitely recommend you enable that. Use 'When High Priority Traffic Detected' with 70% for download & upload on Anti-Bufferbloat. Leave DumaOS Classified Games enabled on Traffic Prioritization, remove any manual rules if youve added any. Don't use the Geo-Filter for this game and are you selecting the closest server? Are you connecting to WiFi or ethernet? An update shouldn't have 'fried' the router at all, unless power was unplugged during perhaps. A factory reset should resolve that though.
Message 2 of 7
Ghost865
Aspirant

Im not shure on how to connect to the closest server im still new to this router, the server i allways play on is in north america. I hve both set to 70%. My ps4 is wired and i hve my ps4 set to highest prority over all other devises. Im affraid to do a factory reset cause it took me 4ever just to get it connected to the internet lol!! As far as the update i (tryed) to update the other router last night b4 i had to go bck to best buy and exchange it cause updateddid sumthing to the router it never updated i waited for way over a hour for it to update but never did & the update did sumthing to hardware i hve no clue how this happened
Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's with the Geo-Filter but for BF4 they should have a server browser that you can use so you can connect to one that has the best connection. Okay well you've got another working router so after changing QoS is it any better? Where are you located?
Message 4 of 7
Ghost865
Aspirant

So i guess theres no need in useing geo filter for bf4? Im located in Knoxville, Tennessee. Ive also noticed that my hit detection is not so good with the xr500 but when i used just my comcast modem/router my hit det. Was fine.. Yes the XR500 works but its not performing like i was hoping it would when i purchsed it lol.. Also i still cant figure out why my connection in bf4 is red bar"d like in the pic i posted
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As they have a server browser it's not really needed to use the Geo-Filter with that specific game as you should just be able to choose in game what server you want to play on. The ping shown on the server menu may actually be incorrect, when you're actually in the game, what does the ping say?
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7