× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

serial number or ssid already registered

Jamistr
Aspirant

serial number or ssid already registered

i bought a refurbished (amazon renewed) xr500 on amazon and i now know that because of that it has already been registered making it completely useless even if i plug it in it will mess up my nat-type . PLEASE HELP CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE IS ABOUT TO DROP AND MY NEW ROUTER IS JUNK AS IT IS NOW .
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: serial number or ssid already registered

Having the router registered is just about receiving premium support, it has no bearing on your NAT Type. Are you saying you can't login to the router properly? Hold the reset button in the back of the router for 30 seconds and then let go and then go through the initial setup. @Christian_R will be able to re-register the router for you as well.
Message 2 of 5
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

In order to get the best NAT type, make sure that the XR500 is in the DMZ of any routers that are upstream from it.

If you are playing on a console and want to quickly obtain a good NAT type, you could put your console into the DMZ of the XR500. It's not a good long term solution but it will get you ready for Call of Duty.

Message 3 of 5
Jamistr
Aspirant

to specify/clarify , when i plugged in the router to my modem and started it up i was able to get it working sort of but because the serial number is already registered with the previous owner (because it’s amazon renewed) it wouldn’t let me finish the set up process nor give me access to the software (DumaOS i’m pretty sure it called) as well as restricting me from changing anything like the preferences and all that making it usable so i’m not stuck with a double NAT type BECAUSE i can’t sign in and register the device to my profile and get the software idk i did this 2 months ago and have been too busy with work to figure it out sooner so i’m not sure how the whole process goes i just remember when trying to set it up after plugging it in and connecting to the new network i only got so far into the set up before it asked for a serial number which i provided but is registered with the previous owner still . i called amazon who got me in touch with netgear and i told them about this so they gave me a case number (41850803) so i’m just waiting to hear the okay from you guys to try again and log in and register it
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you referring to the part in the setup where the registration page looks like a normal internet page in a big box during setup? If so you can just skip that and you'll then get internet and have access to the interface. If not, if you could take a screenshot of what you're seeing that would help. Hopefully your case has been resolved by now though.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7