× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

settings

Wyzfar
Aspirant

settings

Hello so i paid a guy to do some router settings for me for my ps4 i want an actual person that might understand more then he does to review these changes to see if i will actual be recieving a positive or possibly negative impact i dont care for "security" these settings are claimed to lower Latency/ping and better bullet Registeration on Call of Duty Black ops 4 Ps4 Pro the Photos below are the settings "changes" that were made hIRZuhzr.jpg

D_g2Rcdf.jpg

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: settings

Hi there - the settings here will help you get an Open NAT. This is important in gaming because it allows you to connect to friends etc.

But to reduce lag, you need to configure your Geo-Filter and QoS settings. Here are two easy-to-follow guides which walk you through how to do this:

1. Geo-Filter Optimal Settings: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-...
  2. QoS Optimal Settings: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

If you get stuck at any point just let us know.

Message 2 of 6
Wyzfar
Aspirant

Are those ports setup correctly for bo4/ps4 is port 9307 tcp actually useful for bo4/ps4) in the wan settings is mtu 1473 actually better for gaming then 1500 and are all of those boxes that checked in wan settings actually useful as in better for gaming
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Disable port scan don't know why they've done that, that doesn't have an affect on performance. MTU is a myth that it gives you a better experience, it doesn't and actually if the MTU wasn't calculated correctly it can do more harm than good. They've added two other ports for the PS4 that is not necessary. All in all it's okay! Who did you purchase the service from? I would advise against that when you have Netduma/Netgear support available.
Message 4 of 6
Wyzfar
Aspirant

Well you can’t really calculate mtu the test is actually not accurate cause if you lower
Your mtu then do the test in CMD it lowers for example 1500 set mtu the lowest you get is 1472+28 for the ICMP header and when mtu is set to 1473 the lowest you get is 1445+28 you get 1473 and if the two ports you’ve said are unnecessary is 3074 UDP and 9307 TCP 3074 is the ps4 call of duty black ops 4 port I believe but not sure on 9307
Message 5 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I'm not sure which ports Fraser is referring to as unnecessary - but if you have an Open NAT in game and on your console there's no need to change anything.

The main thing is to follow those guides I linked you - they will genuinely help you get an improved connection 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7