× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

should be simple, but can't port forward.

reverseproxy
Aspirant

should be simple, but can't port forward.

So, i know there's an abundance of these on the forms, but they don't seem to actually conclude with a proper answer.

Long story short, i'm trying to port forward. I've submitted a screenshot of my rules. I have a bunch of them, and i've tried them all to be thorough. I've had the applications listened, closed them out, and even tested it with TCP listen on each of the ports and "canyouseeme" and various other websites, all saying i'm not forwarded or visible.

Internet is pretty simple, modem goes into router, ethernet cable goes from router to my computer. There's a bunch of devices connected to the network, and interestingly enough, i've noticed everytime i add portforwarding rules, i end up with my desktop ping ponging around IP addresses in the router. As, in the connection labelled "isaac-desktop" (my desktop) goes from 192.168.1.2 when i make and submit a forwarding rule, then it goes to 192.168.1.4 right after that in when i go to make and submit a  new rule. Not sure if this is just a graphical bug, but that's why i've made so many rules for different IP addresses and ports and tested them all.

I've forwarded ports on countless other routers, and it is just not working for me this time, so i feel like i'm either missing something unintuitive right in front of my face or i'm missing something extremely esoteric. I'm sure you'll need additional information but i just spent a few hours banging my head against the wall and i can only upload one screenshot initially, so just ask away and i'll get it straight back to you! I sincerely appreciate any help and insight

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
reverseproxy
Aspirant

Re: should be simple, but can't port forward.

Oh i forgot to add that i'm not running windows firewall, or to my knowledge, any other firewalls. They're completely disabled for the purposes of troubleshooting this issue

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Has uPnP been disabled after setting up PF rules? 

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You may find more frequent and helpful answers if you post this in the correct forum for your router: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7