× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

speedtest low results

dannydvd21
Tutor

speedtest low results

We recently upgraded to a fiber connection 1000mbit/s when testing on the router I can only reach 250 mbit/s.
after connection my pc directly to the fiber I am able to download at full potential.
To me that means that there is a problem with the router love to heara some idea's

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: speedtest low results

gateway is kind of important. I'd look at it to ensure you're not in a double nat (running 2 routers in router mode)

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Also, the R7000 isn't known for the best firmware. Have you tried installing version 1.0.9.42 of the firmware, factory resetting, and manually installing it? 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What router do you have? 

Firmware on it? 

What fibre gateway do you have? 

After the upgrade, did you ever reset the router? I'd try that. 

Also, make sure to leave qos, parental controls, access controls, and traffic monitoring all disabled. 

Message 2 of 7
dannydvd21
Tutor

What router do you have?  Nighthawk r7000 

Firmware on it?   V1.0.11.106_10.2.100

What fibre gateway do you have?  IDK network company placed it  (Netrebel)

After the upgrade, did you ever reset the router? I'd try that. no (tried it just now)

Also, make sure to leave qos, parental controls, access controls, and traffic monitoring all disabled.   Disabled the setting.

After doing above steps the network speed increased from 250 mbit to 300 mbit, Its a little inprovement.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

gateway is kind of important. I'd look at it to ensure you're not in a double nat (running 2 routers in router mode)

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Also, the R7000 isn't known for the best firmware. Have you tried installing version 1.0.9.42 of the firmware, factory resetting, and manually installing it? 

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

what site are you using for testing? 

Are you testing hardwired or wireless?

Message 5 of 7
dannydvd21
Tutor

speedtest.net

Message 6 of 7
dannydvd21
Tutor

I tested hardwire and dowloaded the firmware you recomended and now the speeds are normal like we are paying for.
👍👍 so I geuss this is the solution, lets hope this wil stay stable.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7