× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: traffic prioritizatoin xr500

blackshirt40
Guide

traffic prioritizatoin xr500

is there an issure with the beta firmware you have been handing out and the traffic priorization not working correctly? i have tested with two differnent games on pc (battlefield 1 and lol) and neither one are being detected as high priority. i have tried with and with out them added as a rule in the traffic prioritization tab. i ask because although im seeing decent ping numbers, i am still getting in game lag. and as far as i can tell the router is not giving games high priority.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

LoL yes but thats not specific to software, they will have updated something. Either way if you change your device to a console and add it then it'll work or add manual ports for the games
Message 2 of 5
blackshirt40
Guide

thanks, that worked. but lets be honest, thats a pretty sloppy solution....why would one ever think to turn their pc into a console(i choose PlayStation) so that the router would detect a pc only game...and why not just have the beta with a read me in the downloads section, it seems incredibly inefficient to have to come to a forum and ask and then wait , not to mention slowing you guys down from actually fixing stuff

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We are aware so we're working on that fix but that makes sense, thanks for the feedback
Message 4 of 5
blackshirt40
Guide

don't get me wrong, you are doing a great job. I really appreciate the quick responses

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7