× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

under QOS should I have my console added or just dumos classified checked?

Rick6922
Luminary

under QOS should I have my console added or just dumos classified checked?

should I add the the xbox1x and in the advanced then add port number being used? I read on a post in these fourms not to have both checked[ classified games ,console] because it could cause double priortizing ? does that mean packets would be held longer? I only play console games [xbox] so would adding the xbox be better than checking dumos classified game , which I guess mean any game played. pc,xbox or PS

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: under QOS should I have my console added or just dumos classified checked?

I think it's fine to have both enabled. The problem would be false prioritizing, if the DumaOS Classified Games filter is flagging things that aren't actually gaming related.

Adding the Xbox using the Games Console profile would be a good option, although that would cover everything the Xbox does, including downloads. If you're using the Priority Traffic detection to turn Anti-Bufferbloat on and off, you might find that your Xbox game downloads end up lowering bandwidth because DumaOS thinks it's gaming related.

However if you're not using Anti-Bufferbloat and you just want the Xbox traffic prioritized, then adding the Xbox in as a Games Console is a good option.

If you wanted to go the whole way, you could press the Advanced tab and cover every port (1 to 65535) from the Xbox on both TCP and UDP.

Message 2 of 4
Rick6922
Luminary

yeah, I only play one game and its port is 3074, there shouldnt be a lot of down loads from the xbox,  I dont use it for anything accept that game. no youtube nothing.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Either DumaOS Classified Games enabled or adding it with the console service manually is fine, wouldn't suggest doing both as either will work fine on their own.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7