× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

update

jebrown1979
Guide

update

ok so since the update my router been acting weird like giving me a host in america for bo4 when i live in uk. and telling me that this host had 15ms ping . yet before the updatye used to be connected to germany host and get 24ms ping. also ps4 losing lan conncetion sick of bloody resetting the router only for it to happen again and again. games are way to laggy again tried to flash the firmware again with hard reset or factory reset after update. whatever its called that didnt happen. maybe this router just not good enough with my country or isp. which is pretty fast were i live we have our own isp who dont throttle anything. 400mb down and 35mb up i get. got the ps4 with address reservation on 192.168.1.100 upnp enabled , on the flower ps4 has 20% download which works out about 57.1mb and upload on 9% which gives 2.41mb dont know if thats too much or too less.ps4 in the geo graph thing aswell and games console in the traffic prioritization also. on the wan set up its all unchecked apart from disable igmp proxying which is checked.dont know if disable sip alg should be checked or not. any help greatly appreciated all input taken on board thanks in advance John

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: update

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Power OFF The ISP modem for 30 seconds then back on then walk thru the setup wizard after doing a factory reset? 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: update

If you're getting a host showing that low in America then it will be misclassified on the map and will actually be close to you so it should play fine. If you could fill out this form with the details of that host we can correct its position on the map: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28284-reporting-mislocated-geo-filter-servers/

Could you provide us a screenshot of your entire Geo-Filter page as well please when this happens also?

The losing connection, is that just to the game or the overall connection?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7