× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: upnp error

faruk_prlk
Guide

upnp error

Hello, I am using netgear xr500. After connecting my Xbox series x console to the router, when I enter the game on Xbox, it shows upnp error, nat type is good, how can I solve this problem, thanks
Message 1 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a screen capture of what your seeing on this...

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Those two statements kind of contradict each other, where is it showing UPnP error exactly? Are you having issues in game?
Message 3 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

Thanks for your answer, I have the latest version of my xr500 device, modem keenetic omni dsl kn2011, I don't use static ip, I use cat7 ethernet cable, what would you recommend me to do?
Message 4 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

Keenetic omni
Message 5 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have the XR WAN IP in the DMZ of the omni? If not you will need to do that and it should work
Message 6 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

I opened dmz but where should I write router wan ip into port triggering?
Message 7 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You put the WAN IP into the DMZ on the Omni, that's all you need to do. Don't do anything with ports. See after setting the DMZ correctly whether you get an Open NAT without error.
Message 8 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

Hello, I called keenetic company, I said I need to write wan ip in the modem dmz part, they said that such a thing is not possible, they said that you can do such an operation on the xr500 device, what should I do?
Message 9 of 65
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I doubt that's the case, and you can't put the XR500 in the Omni's DMZ from the XR500's settings, that's not possible.

Can you go to the Omni's admin interface and send a screenshot of what options you have when it comes to DMZ settings? We might just have to work it out ourselves.

Message 10 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

Remote connection can provide a definitive solution, if you want, connect and make the necessary settings for both the modem and the router.
Message 11 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We don't conduct that type of support, if you connect to the interface and provide the screenshot as above we can advise from there
Message 12 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

The user should probably contact the Mfr of this Modem/Router combo unit and ask then for help in bridging this modem fully or if it can't be bridge, ask them for help on configuring DMZ for the XR series router.

https://help.keenetic.com/hc/en-us

https://help.keenetic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001472320-Forwarding-all-ports-to-a-local-host-DMZ-ho...

@faruk_prlk 

Message 13 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

I will enter the modem and share the screen, so we come to a conclusion
Message 14 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

Keenetic company does not share any information about the xr500. I will share the screen, please can you describe it?
Message 15 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Its recommended to ask the mfr of the modem for help and information regarding there product. Not the NG router.

Message 16 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

They said that wan ip cannot be written into the dmz of the modem, so I am asking for help.
Message 17 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to access the modem interface? If so please take a screenshot of what you see
Message 18 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you ask them what is suppose to be input into the modem? 

The Mfr should know how to set this up on there modem...This is there product. 

@faruk_prlk wrote:
They said that wan ip cannot be written into the dmz of the modem, so I am asking for help.

Message 19 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

I entered from the phone, the place to share the screenshot does not work, I will try to log in on the computer tomorrow morning and take a screenshot on my laptop
Message 20 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

I told them I just need to write wan ip in dmz and they said we don't have such a setting.
Message 21 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If it really doesn't have that option there will likely alternative methods we can use once we can see the interface
Message 22 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Only item I saw on there support page was this:

https://help.keenetic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001472320-Forwarding-all-ports-to-a-local-host-DMZ-ho...

Not sure if this will work or not. The mfr makes this hard to connect other items up seems like. They only want you using there stuff. DMZ or bridge mode is needed here if your going to use the XR router. 

Can you ask your ISP if they have a modem only unit without a built in router and wifi available to use? 

@faruk_prlk wrote:
I told them I just need to write wan ip in dmz and they said we don't have such a setting.

Message 23 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

Message 24 of 65
faruk_prlk
Guide

Message 25 of 65
Discussion stats
  • 64 replies
  • 3 kudos