× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: (with full details) High ping on servers

xiimagzx
Guide

(with full details) High ping on servers

SETUP:
Ting fiber wall modem -> Xr500 -> S8000 -> PC's (what i game on)

Details of previous problem: 

1) Internet would router would stop getting internet out of nowhere then would get it back after 30sec causing me to lose connection to servers (discord and games).

Fix this is to turn off DDOS protection, use to happen every day now since the change hasn't happened in like a month.

New problem: 

I made a post of it on Reddit Here also here is a summary of the problem. There are 3 dedicated servers next to me, here are where they are located FL, NY, and one in ST.louis. All servers I have 30-60 ping on but out of nowhere, I will get a game with 150ms ping on one of the 3 servers and it will last all game! It's not due to someone taking all the internet nor is it due to my ips being bad because as soon as I see the terrible ping I go to cmd on the desktop and ping google, amazon, and discord with them all being under 20ms ping.

A Small fix for this was to turn off QOS and doing that shot down my ping to 24 from 40-60  but I still have some bad ping at times for only one game that goes to 100 ping instead of 150. One weird thing is that my dhcp constantly changes shown here.

Side note to prove its not the Call of duty Black ops coldwar server, my friend has prefect ping on every server we play and he lives down the block so its something on my end.

Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Your friend having a good connection doesn't prove it's not the server. There are so many variables to a connection that it could be fine for some but bad for others. The ping increase, are you seeing that on the in game ping, Geo-Filter or both?
Message 2 of 8
xiimagzx
Guide

cant see the ping in geofilter when its on a dedicated server for some reason 

Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Disable Auto Ping in the Geo-Filter Map options and then click on the largest icon when you are in the game to ping the host, does it show then?
Message 4 of 8
xiimagzx
Guide

no matter how many times i click the server it doesn't stop loading and never shows me 

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What web browser/device are you using to access the interface?
Message 6 of 8
xiimagzx
Guide

Windows pc 10

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Which web browser?
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats