× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xbox one double nat

darkangelpt
Aspirant

xbox one double nat

Greetings everyone, this is my first post. i have the netgear xr500.
the way i have it set up is. isp router rj45 to xr500. then connected to pc xbox one and ps4.
recently i stardet using my xbox again. but it says i have double nat. is that really bad?
i know if i use bridge mode it solves my problem.,but i dont know why in bridge mode i lose half my bandwith. is there any other way i can open my nat without using bridge or ap mode(wich i lose the functions i bought this router)? thank you
Message 1 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Dark Angel - the easiest thing to do here, if you would prefer to not put your RJ45 into bridge mode, is to put the XR500 in a DMZ on your RJ45. Can you find this in your modem settings? 

As an aside, it is odd you are losing speeds on your RJ45 in bridge mode but I don't know much about that model so won't be able to help you there I'm afraid!

Finally, double NAT is not terrible, but it can make connecting to other players, such as your friends, harder. So it's best to resolve it.

Message 2 of 6
darkangelpt
Aspirant

my bandwith is 200 /20.and in bridge mode it gets 100/10 because my isp router sucks in bridge mode. they cant help me with that.
using ap mode Solves that problem, but i lose all the things i needed for the router. in my ps4 i think its fine(i think)
im a begginer in this routers thing.
i can put my xbox in static ip than dmz. but wich ip should i use? everything my pc the netgear xr500 all are dinamic ip. im confused what to do
Message 3 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

You want to put your XR500 into a DMZ on your modem. Not your other devices, just your XR500 router.

If you go onto the RJ45, does it have a DMZ option?  If yes, you need to put the IP address of the XR500 into it.

Does that make sense?

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. .
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the XR router gets from the modem.

Message 5 of 6
darkangelpt
Aspirant

gonna try that. put in my isp. modem dmz the ip for the xr500.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7