× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

Seanabong2200
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Thank you for the feedback I will pass this on to the team.

Just wondering if your team has said anything since you let them know this has not fixed the issue?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 51 of 242
sontu09
Tutor

Sorry...i have been busy so could not update the router with the beta firmware...i ll upload it tomorrow and i ll keep updating the status
Message 52 of 242
MrEric
Guide

I did the factory reset on my xr500, went through the set up again (was strangely much faster than the first time) but still the same result : After a few random hours the LAN is just stopping and I can't access any device connected to it until I reboot the router. Still have the beta firmware running and everything is OK except this problem 😞 I think I have no other choice than using the Xbox eco mode or go wireless (if it's working). Will test those solutions unless there's something else I can do...

Message 53 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that MrEric, I have already informed the appropriate teams that it has not seemed to work for some users so I am waiting to hear back, hopefully with a new fix.
Message 54 of 242
MrEric
Guide

Thank you Fraser.

I'm now using Wifi instead of LAN and it's almost 24h without any problem. My Xbox is less than 50cm away from the xr500 and don't see any difference with the wired connection (thanks to the top knotch Wifi of this router), so far so good and it seems that the X as less wifi problems than the OG or the S. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anything is moving.

Message 55 of 242
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the update Eric. Happy to hear you have found a temporary workaround.

Message 56 of 242
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

@MrEric wrote:

Thank you Fraser.

I'm now using Wifi instead of LAN and it's almost 24h without any problem. My Xbox is less than 50cm away from the xr500 and don't see any difference with the wired connection (thanks to the top knotch Wifi of this router), so far so good and it seems that the X as less wifi problems than the OG or the S. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anything is moving.

I hate WIFI for gaming drives me isane. my wifes console runs WIFI on this router and her console does fine no problems and she never complains about lag. But I've always ran ethernet. I keep my router about that close to my console as well. Gonna run some PUBG tonight use the killer clown. Please get this router little bugs fixed. then it will be flawless. Once these ethernet port stop going down it will be 100%

Message 57 of 242
FURRYe38
Guru

If your experiending LAN ports going on, the router maybe faulty. I recommend contacting NG support and get an RMA asap. 

@Seanabong2200 wrote:

@MrEric wrote:

Thank you Fraser.

I hate WIFI for gaming drives me isane. my wifes console runs WIFI on this router and her console does fine no problems and she never complains about lag. But I've always ran ethernet. I keep my router about that close to my console as well. Gonna run some PUBG tonight use the killer clown. Please get this router little bugs fixed. then it will be flawless. Once these ethernet port stop going down it will be 100%

Message 58 of 242
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

Has this router had this issue with the lan ports going down since it has been released?

@helpmepls321 wrote:

hi i need some help sometime my netgear nighthawk xr500 LAN ports stops working.wifi work fine not sure how to fix it. can anybody help me  

Message 59 of 242
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

If your experiending LAN ports going on, the router maybe faulty. I recommend contacting NG support and get an RMA asap. 

@Seanabong2200 wrote:

@MrEric wrote:

Thank you Fraser.

FURRY I have already done this. NETGEAR sent me a new router in the box after they diag my first one is bad. the xr500 even with the new one they sent router still has the exact same issue.

Message 60 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's a firmware issue that is being diagnosed and fixed. Theres been two fixes tested out so far. Each one less and less people return with the issue. Its not the Netduma team fixing it so all I can say is Netgear are on it.
Message 61 of 242
MrEric
Guide

Hi all,

just saw that in the latest changelog for the Xbox insider in Alpha Skip Ahead (i'm in this group) from yesterday night update :

Networking

• Fixes to address the console loosing network connectivity at random times.

Will test and report if it solves the problem.

Message 62 of 242
helpmepls321
Aspirant

ok im back! 2 days ago my  Lan  ports stop workin again. i just  turn off the power and  and turn it back on  and it work again

Message 63 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you got the beta firmware?
Message 64 of 242
helpmepls321
Aspirant

noo may i have it ?

Message 65 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM
Message 66 of 242
MrEric
Guide

well , no luck with the Alpha Xbox update, LAN is still dropping. Back to wifi again...

Message 67 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thats disappointing. Teams had a meeting today about the issue so will hopefully be a resolution.
Message 68 of 242
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

Did netduma set up the qos on this router or was it netgear? I know geo filtering is from netduma. But qos is on older netgear routers and it sucks. Just last night I was only getting half my speed. So I turned off qos and rebooted the router and now I’m getting what I paid for.
Message 69 of 242
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

I hope you guy do come up with one ASAP.
Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 70 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Everything but settings is Netduma. Probably High Priority traffic was detected so throttled the connection
Message 71 of 242
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Everything but settings is Netduma. Probably High Priority traffic was detected so throttled the connection

did you guys figure anything out in the meeting?

Message 72 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wasn't apart of the meeting but for those with an Xbox that are having the issue please read the following carefully:

Go to the Store and install the Xbox Insider Hub app.
Launch the app and accept the terms of use.
A new option will be displayed when you bring up the Power Menu by pressing and holding the Xbox button on a controller: ‘Report a problem’. Selecting the ‘Report a problem’ button will snap logs and launch the Xbox Insider Hub into a bug reporting flow. Within the app select ‘Add new problem’, then under Categories select ‘System and settings’, then ‘Network Settings and Issues’. Then type in a description and details and then submit the bug. Once that’s done, provide the gamertag that was signed in so I can provide it to the Xbox team member to pull the bug and logs.

Important: Make sure that the bug is filed shortly after the issue occurs and without the console being rebooted so that the networking logs are still present. Will need to know what the you did and when to get the console back on the network so they can line that up with the logs to get a clearer picture.
Message 73 of 242
taichou
Tutor

I just bought this router 2 days ago and found this thread detailing my exact issue I am having.

Is there any chance there is an ETA on when a new firmware will be released? This router is great but I need a STABLE internet connection for my computer. Having to reboot it everyday is annoying. Unfortunately, I may have to just return this router and get something else.

Message 74 of 242
MrEric
Guide

Just submitted the ticket through the xbox report a bug option. My GT is Gugusse. 

As the bug is random there's no way to be there when it happens so my report might be a few hours old if the lan dropped during the night. Hope the log will be long enough and will help you. Tell me if you need to have a new one. 

Message 75 of 242
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7