× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 LAN ports sometime will stop working

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Its not necessarily down to the router thats why both teams are looking at it but understand your frustration, hopefully will be a resolution soon.
Message 126 of 242
jammin2011
Aspirant

guess I'll have to raise a support ticket with netgear. I do have an xbox and turn instant on to off, and physically unplugged by xbox and still have issues. Also now my phillips hue which is on the LAN also is not working correctly ugh

Message 127 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The hue might be contributing as well if its not always on and just sends data when you access it. Do make a ticket please so it can be escalated.
Message 128 of 242
Cheweysescu
Aspirant

I am having the same issues with the LAN ports failing after some time.  A restart of the router always fixes for a about a day.  I am currently have the latest firmware.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 129 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried previous suggestions and tried the beta firmware?
Message 130 of 242
mebaby333
Tutor

i have now received an RMA from Netgar and right out of the Box the same problem.  This time i didn't even get a day and now a reboot doesn't even help.  This is beginning to be a joke.. Wireless however works flawlessly, which is a saving grace, because DUMA works like it is supposed too with COD.  They have to fix this OS soon.

Message 131 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

mebaby, have you tried the previous workarounds posted?
Message 132 of 242
mebaby333
Tutor

Yes i have tried the workaround, and i don't use instant on with my Xbox beceuase of kids, it is set to powersave mode where i have to turn it on.  I am at the point now on the 2nd router where i cannot get the wired ports to work at all... my case has been escalated to level 3 support.

Message 133 of 242
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that - hopefully L3 support will be able to get to the bottom of your problem. Do you have an XR500 or an XR700?

Message 134 of 242
mebaby333
Tutor

Hey Netduma_Jack, i have an XR500.

Thanks,

Dave

Message 135 of 242
MrEric
Guide

There's a new Alpha Insider update for the xbox. Again it includes a LAN related update in the changelog :

Performance fixes to the primary 1.0Gbe NIC port.

I will test and report if there's any change. At least it seems that MS is trying to find a solution and is aware that there's an problem with the LAN (well, I hope so...)

Message 136 of 242
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@mebaby333 - thanks for confirming. Hopefully NETGEAR support are able to assist

@MrEric - thanks for sharing this. Let us know how you get on!

Message 137 of 242
helpmepls321
Aspirant

hey can you resend me the beta my x500 lan ports keep droping.  i bought me a  2nd x500 but still having the same issuse 

Message 138 of 242
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I will send you this now. Could you also make sure you disable Instant-On Mode on your Xbox if you haven't done so already

Message 139 of 242
liberie
Aspirant

Can I have this beta version, I do have the same problem on Xbox one S

Thank you

Message 140 of 242
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Sending to you now

Message 141 of 242
Vinotauro
Guide

Jack

What version beta is this? I'm just making sure I have the correct version that was sent to me.
Message 142 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's this one Vinotauro, V2.3.2.32-802-3-az-1009 unless theres a newer one I'm not aware of.
Message 143 of 242
Vinotauro
Guide

Yep that's the one
Message 144 of 242
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

This morning netgear sent me a email stating they have a new firmware update available. Do any of you guys know about this update/do you know what it will fix?
Message 145 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes it was released a few days ago, has quite a few new features and fixes. They will post a change log when they put it on the knowledge base but for now it's only available by checking on the router itself.
Message 146 of 242
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

Okay. cool beans. Ill have to install it when i get home. I have my QOS turn off at the time cause it seems the router performs better for me with is off but i do still use the GEO-FILTER. after i install the new firmware ill turn QOS back on and give it another try. When QOS is on seems like it slows down my internet more than anything.

Message 147 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That could only happen if you're throttling too much or if you've perhaps disabled share excess
Message 148 of 242
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
That could only happen if you're throttling too much or if you've perhaps disabled share excess

Honestly. I'm not even sure where share axcess is. And when you say throttling what are you refrencing too?

Message 149 of 242
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Share excess is in Bandwidth Allocation options. Throttling I'm referring to having your Anti-Bufferbloat percentages too low meaning your speeds are heavily affected.
Message 150 of 242
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7