× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 Router Dropping Internet at every 2-3 day

lucianls
Tutor

xr500 Router Dropping Internet at every 2-3 day

hey all 3 weeks ago i decided to upgrade my old netgear router with a new one ... the xr 500, i am very impressed with the xr 500 good performance and good wifi signal but i have a big problem from day 1 ... the router stop my internet connection (wifi and lan) at every 2 to 3 days and nothing fix the problem until i reboot it. I never have this problem with my old one N600 WNDR3700v2. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
zmon
Guide

Try rolling back your firmware to .40. I had a similar problem, though internet would only disconnect for 5ish seconds then would immediately reconnect vs your problem of the whole router needing to be restarted. Going on 20 hours now with no disconnects so far.

See my post about the topic: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Ethernet-randomly-disconnects-for-a-fe...

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It happens every 2 to 3 days without fail? What is your exact physical setup? Do you know if your ISP router renews the IPs that often?
Message 2 of 9
lucianls
Tutor

virgin media hub 3 in modem mode only, and the IPs renews once at 7 days.

Message 3 of 9
Skriker
Tutor

Given that DHCP leases are renewed at the halfway mark, this seems very similar to other issues regarding IP Address Renewals on this message board. Including my post today: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR500-Disconnects-on-lease-expiration-...

Message 4 of 9
zmon
Guide

Try rolling back your firmware to .40. I had a similar problem, though internet would only disconnect for 5ish seconds then would immediately reconnect vs your problem of the whole router needing to be restarted. Going on 20 hours now with no disconnects so far.

See my post about the topic: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Ethernet-randomly-disconnects-for-a-fe...

Message 5 of 9
lucianls
Tutor

I rolled back to .40 same problem my clients complain about my servers (internet drops) i swap back my old netgear WNDR3700v3 and now everything looks normal, seriously? i pay 260£ on XR500 and the 14 days money back its gone ... what do i do now i am stuck with a 300 pounds router that performs worst than my old one ????

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 9
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I imagine that the problem is being caused by faulty communication between the modem and the router. 

The DumaOS 3.0 update will fix many bugs and introduce many new features so hopefully it will make your investment fee more worthwhile.

Message 7 of 9
lucianls
Tutor

Thank you for the nice answer, i really hope that the problems will be solved... but when is the update? Next week? In 6 months? 1 year? You could advertise: buy now use next year ... 🙂
Message 8 of 9
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I can't give you an ETA on the update but I can say we're about to enter closed beta, so that should give you an idea.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7