× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr500 and fortnite chat

Cujoma
Guide

xr500 and fortnite chat

Hey everyone. Im trying to play fortnite on my xbox one, with a couple of friends on pc. I have no issue joining their party, but the chat never works. It keeps auto-populating the id of a "peer" just above texas. 

I can allow the peer and then chat works, but i have to do this everytime i play the game. The peer is always located in the same place, but the ID always changes. Every single time.

This is with me in filtering mode. firmware .40

Spectating mode everything works fine. 

Any suggestions? Ive got over 10 ids saved and allowed tonight just from fortnite. 

Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: xr500 and fortnite chat

There are usually many servers located in one location and so it may seem as though there are one when there are many, that is likely why you need to keep allowing it every time. If you could provide us with the IDs we can add this to our allowed list.
Message 2 of 4
Cujoma
Guide

Hey Fraser. Thanks for the reply. There is 10 ids alone from today, shouldn't it come to a point where I have already allowed all the servers in that location?
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's possible there could be ~250, unlikely but not impossible. If you give us the IDs of the ones you have we can whitelist them ourselves so you don't need to do that. Although probably the easiest thing for you is to use Spectating Mode - due to the way Fortnite works where it only looks for a server when you're loading in it would be faster to leave and keep searching to get the server you want rather than waiting to be kicked in Filtering Mode.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7