× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 beta DUMAOS 3.0

Densha-Warrior
Aspirant

Hello, I have subscribed to the Beta for a month.

Can I be put at the top of the list too please?

And just for info, how long will it take?

Thanks in advance

Densha-Warrior

Message 51 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We will try to get you on as soon as possible. It is impossible to say as Netgear are in charge of the invites so it is not up to us.
Message 52 of 155
jayest1996
Star

I'd appreciate being put on some kind of list lol
Message 53 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

been waiting over a month i have the xr 500 still no email, for the beta. considering of how jacked up this thing is with xbox im really hoping there is something coming soon

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 54 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Retired_Member, no need to ask in 3 different places. I've responded to you in the beta forum.

@defiled669 What issues are you going through exactly? Invites are rolled out, not everyone will receive it at once but I'm sure you'll get it soon.
Message 55 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

ok so geo filter does not set server in strict mode if filtering is not on, i have gig speed and i run on xbox, i get communication errors, toxbxox and call of duty servers. i get packet lossthats not showing up until i engage other players hit reg gives me marks but not at full damage, i have to bog download speed to 157, and upload i have to put at 714 to get a+ on dsl reports, i play on a 144hz 1ms monitor and i use xbox one x. i have never had this router do as well as my x4s did,and being on disability i hate i cant afford to switch back. but with netgear even after i bought this router they wanted to charge me for looking into my router. so the 3.0 update can let me know whats going on with my connection to my isp and to xbox and game servers, a line test which can help me trouble shoot with my isp. i have tried all kinds of settings from youtube and the netgear forums, still same problem

Message 56 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

ok its been  a while since the guy toldus he would putus at the top of the list for the 3.0 beta, still no email, said they were doing xr500 first but still no invite, its been 2 weeks i think

Message 57 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If the Geo-Filter is not set to Filtering Mode then it will ignore any settings you've made and connect you to whatever the game wants you to connect to. With your speeds I don't think it's would be as necessary for you to use Anti-BB. For bufferbloat to occur you would need to saturate the connection and with gig speeds that would be quite difficult. I would suggest though using Traffic Prioritization to prioritize your game ahead of the network queue. As above, Netgear are the ones who send the invites, we've done all we can do in terms of speeding up the process.
Message 58 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

so should i leave duma classified games checked and add xbox, also the bandwidth without qos or just anti bufferbloat. 

Message 59 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

ok the geo filter usually works if filter mode is set to spectate that controls player to player host, strict mode controle dedicated server host, so by using strict mode you are supposed to lock in the dedicated server you would like to stay connected to, leavinf filtering mode off allows players to be in the game that are outside your circle, but since last update filtering mode turned off kills strict mode. so you cant lock into the dedicated server you want, and if filtering is on it takes 20 years to find a game

Message 60 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

one more question on the geo filter. if you live say 500 miles from a server how would i set that up on the circle do i just cover the server or just my location, because the lag is real either way. i really appreciate any advice on how to get a better connection to my games and keep in mind i have to connect to xbox servers also, and its been crazy, 

Message 61 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Disable DumaOS Classified Games and add the Xbox with the console service. You can leave Bandwidth Allocation default and can switch to Never for Anti-Bufferbloat.

Regarding the Geo-Filter, Filtering Mode is the only mode that will take account of your Geo-Filter settings, Spectating Mode just allows you to see hosts and ping them, it doesn't restrict at all. If you could post a screenshot of what you're seeing that would be helpful to diagnose. You could either have the radius big enough that it would encompass it or move the home location over it with a small radius.
Message 62 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

Screenshot (1).png

Message 63 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

i live eastern part of nc. but georgia server is super laggy for me, so i have to use the new jersey and indiana servers

Message 64 of 155
Machine1000
Tutor

can i get a link to the beta? 

Message 65 of 155
Machine1000
Tutor

i get Access Denied.

Message 66 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Retired_Member for any 3.0 please post them in the beta forum.

@defiled669 Could you post a screenshot of what the Geo-Filter page looks like when you're actually in a game please?
Message 67 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

so i downloaded the beta, but i noticed geo filter is not working properly, its not showing ping to host at all, and another question, on the ping heat map, could there be an add and block option, for example warzone test in oklahoma servers i have some of my best and worst pings when you look at the tree, if i could block all the badones and only connect to the good ones , that would be a great feature to have. 

i really am enjoying the new features but there are some bugs

ping and conection test is buggy if i put 1000 mbps in my up an down in qos the test says my speed is a D but if i drop it to 300 i get an A but it then says the 1000mbps was also an A. but i really think if there was an option to block bad connections in ping heat map this would really help out alot, also in duma games there is no call of duty in the list and xbox live should have a setting as well. im not sure how to get this info to the guys working on the beta, but im sure you have a link to share i can relay my thoughts

Message 68 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

oh and im not sure if router xr500 can reall handle 1000 up and down, thats something i noticed that none of my speed test with qos off would push my download speed above 400 and my upload above 700.,and honestly i feel t his has been a big problem from the begining

Message 69 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you post these issues/questions to the beta forum please, anything related to your experience with the beta should be posted there so we can properly diagnose and track issues.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma
Message 70 of 155
elCuculuz
Apprentice

So apparently it is getting released tomorrow 07.23.2020, hope it is true otherwise I will throw the unit out the window, singed up for beta and not a single email.
Message 71 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We have not said that, all we did was give a generic date. There will be an announcement.
Message 72 of 155
jayest1996
Star

Lol wth why would you praise that date all over netduma and web pages and then say some dumb remark as to we never said that we just gave a generic date? In that case netduma likes messing with peoples heads and bit off more than they can chew, saying things like 3.0 is coming VERY SOON. Making everyone believe its like a month away then keep that going for 5 months and then put a fricken date all over the place and claim the date is just some made up fairy tale with is wrong with this company yo.
Message 73 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is an ongoing beta now for 3.0 with the R1 & the XR500, the other router betas haven't started yet so it could not be a release date. Is it a date for an announcement, people are still being invited to the beta. I realize you're frustrated but you'll most likely get it, just need to wait for an invite. It is a beta so there will be bugs.
Message 74 of 155
elCuculuz
Apprentice

I was lucky enough that a fellow user here on the forum sent me the xr500 beta, I flashed it and everything is working perfectly.
So no need to wait for a email now.

Message 75 of 155
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7