× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 beta DUMAOS 3.0

t0m61
Tutor

Hi Alex, im on the netgear forums now, thanks. t0m61 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 76 of 155
Tonyladz
Aspirant

Can anyone help me out with the link the XR500 3.0 update. Currently having random dc’s on my router when a dhcp change/release idk.
Message 77 of 155
t0m61
Tutor

Hi mate , I haven't recieved the update yet , but Im sure netgear and netdum will fix
Message 78 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Tonyladz that fix isn't in the current beta build but will be in one of the next ones. For now there are several things you can try such as setting static in Internet Setup and giving IP reservations to devices in LAN Settings. Some people have also found success downgrading to .32 or .40 though you will miss out on some security updates by doing that.
Message 79 of 155
defiled669
Apprentice

i had to set my xbox to 157,9 download and 714.28 upload just to get better hit detection. 

i know it sounds crazy but if you are heving a hard time with gig speed and this router you should give it a try, expeirement a little

Message 80 of 155
Klaox
Aspirant

Hi, How long will we have to wait for the beta of the xr500, I am waiting from day one, i do all the steps and still do not receive anything, I was going to buy the r2 but seeing your service class I will wait to see dumaos 3.0, I would like to test the beta in the xr500. Is there a way that you can send me the link to my email? I would appreciate it...
Message 81 of 155
elCuculuz
Apprentice

The beta should have been released to ALL who registered at once, atm it is being drip feeded & at this rate I have lost hope in the router and the coming OS,my router is basically a 300eur plastic door stopper.
Message 82 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Klaox, I believe you posted on the Netduma forum as well, we'll try to get you bumped up the list.

@elCuculuz as it's a router and usually a central part of a household it could be very disruptive to release a firmware that potentially has bugs in to thousands of people all at once with no control. By controlling the flow of testers it improves the likelihood that it will stable by release.
Message 83 of 155
elCuculuz
Apprentice

I get what you are saying about it, but beta testing usually means the users is okay & is aware of the features that it may have & that it may not work as intended. I'd rather have the ability to test it straight away once it was released tha wait such a long time to be invited.

People can always flash back the previous os if they don't like the glitches or bugs that come with the new operating system, but for people who want to test stuff the waiting time is to long.
Message 84 of 155
Klaox
Aspirant

yes, because someone in the other forum told me that I had to come here because netgear is the one that sends the beta test...
Message 85 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I get your point as well and I realize it is frustrating but it would be chaos with thousands posting bugs/comments etc and would actually slow us down.

@Klaox, as long as you signed up with the NG Community username to the form then no need to post here as the NG staff don't post here so couldn't boost you up the list.
Message 86 of 155
kralj3gs
Aspirant

I hope it will be released soon Beta 3.0

Message 87 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

More people are getting invites so if you've signed up then hopefully you'll receive it soon.
Message 88 of 155
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello
Message 89 of 155
t0m61
Tutor

Hi, netduma and netgear have produced the best router for all applications. Netduma and Netgear have vision, that's what we need people to see us into the future, I haven't recieved the beta yet, I can't wait
Message 90 of 155
t0m61
Tutor

I hope so
Message 91 of 155
generozen
Tutor

I have been waiting for months and still have not received my dumaos beta for xr500. Please expedite. I have been a loyal customer for many years. Whats the delay??
Message 92 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Will try to get you boosted up.

There is no delay, we're getting people invited on a gradual basis to ensure stability and that we can fix any bugs/issues as they arise.
Message 93 of 155
Cljack3
Tutor

Hello, I've signed up for the beta on the first day and still have recieved the beta. Please bump me up.

Message 94 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We'll try to get you boosted up the list.
Message 95 of 155
t0m61
Tutor

hi Tonyladz, I flashed 3.0 and everything is working fine, but a few error messages come up. in happy , thanks

Message 96 of 155
z0nk
Star

If everyone on list will get boosted, then finally list will be same as in the begging Smiley Wink

PS. still don't have beta invitation 😞

Message 97 of 155
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Lol
Message 98 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The thought had occurred to me as well @z0nk haha good thing not everyone is doing that. I'll try and get you higher on the list.
Message 99 of 155
Cujoma
Guide

I signed up at the beginning and still waiting for an invite as well. If anyone can help me out and send me a copy of the new firmware so this router can stop being a paperweight, that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Message 100 of 155
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7