× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 beta DUMAOS 3.0

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'll try and get you boosted up the list.
Message 101 of 155

People of Netgear... what we have to do to take the beta??? It’s really unpleasant to see a lot of people to already have it with R1 and R2!!! You forced me and a lot of people to sell the XR 500 and buy the R2. Please give on the community the respect they are deserved!!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 102 of 155
elCuculuz
Apprentice

I switched back to my tplink router that costs maybe 30 eur but receives updates still 5 years later, what a discrace it is to have spent large amount of money not getting any updates and being promised that betas are being sent, so many people registered the day it was announced & till this day nothing.
Message 103 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There are thousands of people with XR routers and they cannot all be given the beta immediately. I understand the frustration but more invites will be sent out as soon as they can be.
Message 104 of 155

Hi Fraser!! I know that you from NetDuma they do everything you can. And I appreciate that!! You are the best! But I wan an answer from the support team of Netgear!! If they have any one... I don’t understand why for this reply support team of NetDuma... as you already say on the NetDuma forum are invites are handled from Netgear.... so they must reply on this...
Message 105 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This is their Community forum so they don't often reply to each other. Maybe @ChristineT can help get you into the beta.
Message 106 of 155
generozen
Tutor

Hi,

How do you get the Xr500 to show devices in the IOS Nighthawk app?  It has never worked for me on any firmware versions including the latet 3.0.

I Router was was reset to factory multiple times with same results.

It just says "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again.  .

Message 107 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would recommend making a ticket here as it is purely a Netgear feature so not something I'd be able to accurately advise on: http://support.netgear.com/
Message 108 of 155
twistof8
Aspirant

It only works for me when I use it in Remote mode. You ha e to be connected to the same wifi to enable remote mode, then disconnect from wifi and connect as remote using cellular data. Hopefully it works for you too.
Message 109 of 155
generozen
Tutor

Has anyone here ever got the ios nighthawk app to show devices for xr500v
Message 110 of 155

I use the nighthawk app iOS and I don’t have any issue with this. I can see the devices and turn on/off the internet access. I remember that I had this issue after one update of the app and on the next update the solved it.
Message 111 of 155
generozen
Tutor

Re: xr500 beta DUMAOS 3.0 - device manager ios app

Does anything need to be enabled in the router in order for the IOS app to show devices on it???

Message 112 of 155
twistof8
Aspirant

Remote management would probably need to be on. If using away from your local wifi for sure ot would need to be on.
Message 113 of 155
Enforcive
Aspirant

Hey,

I really would like to participate in the XR500 beta until the XR500 DumaOS 3.0 is released, can you invite me to the beta?

Message 114 of 155
Enforcive
Aspirant

How can I participate in the XR500 DumaOS 3.0 beta? I would want to do that.

Message 115 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Netgear are in charge of the invites so we can't invite you. You will need to sign up here if you haven't already done so.http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html
Message 116 of 155
Itsnotuitsme
Aspirant

So need this beta for the last few months im only getting half my download speed. i have tried all the fixes suggested but can't get full download speeds. everything seems fine on wifi its just wired and download only. 

Message 117 of 155
Retired_Member
Not applicable

They can send you the new update on a software on the computer But they’re technically not allowed to want to do that they can get banned if they find out I got banned on my last account
Message 118 of 155
Enforcive
Aspirant

I am in the beta now and I have a question regarding ping heatmap: how is it possible to connect to your created list of game servers only from the ping heatmap or is it possible at all? How do you do that overall? I made a custom list but it didnt connect to the servers I made a list of I think.
Message 119 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Itsnotuitsme could you take a look at this guide and see if you're able to achieve full speeds after following the instructions? http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-m...

@Enforcive could you post any questions etc in the beta forum please? That's not possible at the moment but we'll work on integrating them more. For now its supposed to inform what Geo-Filter settings you want to use so if you find a low ping server for a game you want to play then set up the Geo-Filter to cover that area.
Message 120 of 155
generozen
Tutor

Hi,

Does the Traffic controller options really work in th Xr500 DumaOS Beta 3?  I can set it but it doesnt really blocky during specified hours?  Also does anyone have the device manager work on their IOS device using this firmware?>>>

Message 121 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 122 of 155
niewiado
Apprentice

I signed up but used the wrong netgear community user ID. It should match what’s here. I reached out on twitter as well. Can I change that to what’s shown here please?
Message 123 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@ChristineT could you help @niewiado please?
Message 124 of 155
Scrubosaurus
Guide

any chance of getting beta 3.0 invite?

Message 125 of 155
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7