× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 beta DUMAOS 3.0

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

At the earliest it will be next week, we'll definitely get it sorted, something must have regressed. We'll definitely get it stable.
Message 151 of 155
maxgro
Guide

I have to agree from a hardware perspective the XR series is great, but the lack of support and updates makes them some of the worst in the market, I no updates for this long makes me worry that there are also no security patches, and this is the gateway into my home network.

The router has some very great features like hybridVPN, main reason I bought it. But even with all the features, the lack of support for such an expensive router makes me worry more than any new features can counter, sorry Netgear but this was my last purchase from your company, you make great hardware, but terrible software. Duma makes great software but it seems at least on Netgear routers the support and update cycle is disappointing. 

For gamers, I would recommend Asus or Amplifi gaming edition and for people with large homes either Nest or if you want more performance, look into Amplifi (they also look much great).

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 152 of 155
ernieart
Aspirant

i got an invite. is it worth to use it though? or just stay as is until an official update is available?

Message 153 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's in open beta now so anyone can try it if they wish to and see if it helps with any of the issues you may be facing.
Message 154 of 155
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK, so is everything functioning OK now then?

Message 155 of 155
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7