× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr500 block access to network?

aarons6
Aspirant

xr500 block access to network?

i am wondering if there is a way to block access to devices or "unknown" devices from the LAN.

i know i can check the block device box and it wont be able to access the internet, but you can still access the LAN.

i tried it with the "traffic controller" tab and picked block and reject all traffic, but the device was still able to connect to wifi and access lan computers.

sure i can change my wifi password and keep devices i dont want off, but i was wondering if there is an option in software. 

the reason is i think someone has hacked my WIFI. i have sometimes a connected device i dont recognize pop up and i checked block but its still connecting. 

changing the password would only be temporary as wifi is very insecure. 

id really love to set the router up as a whitelist only as i only have a few devices, but i dont see an option for that at all. only option is to block or reject certain devices not all.

Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: xr500 block access to network?

Thanks for the feedback, I'm afraid currently this isn't an option in DumaOS and as far as I'm aware, it's not an option in NETGEAR's settings. 

I'll mention this to the team however and see if it's something we can implement for future firmwares.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7