× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 device manager

Phoenix1776
Tutor

xr500 device manager

In the xr500 device manager sreen, I have 2 actiontec network extenders that do not show the IP address which means I can't login into the extenders.  Both devices seem to be working.  On my old Actiontec router and the Asus AC3100, both router software tools allowed me to see the IP addresses of these devices.  Is this a bug with the current xr500 firmware?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Phoenix, it's likely showing the devices that are connected to the extenders instead, can you confirm if thats the case?
Message 2 of 6
Phoenix1776
Tutor

The 2 extenders (located on different floors of the home) are connected to the main network via a MOCA 2.0 bonded adapter (from the ISP into the home) and coax into each extender. The MOCA adapter is needed to receive certain TV signals from the ISP/TV provider and to extend the network via moca/ethernet to other parts of the home.  The MOCA adapters and the 2 extenders do not show IP addresses but my personal PC connected via ethernet to one of the extenders does show the IP address.  It seems like devices directly connected via COAX/MOCA are not showing the IP address.  Since both Actiontec and ASUS had this figured out, I am wondering when the firmware will be updated.  I had set specific wireless channels on the extenders and cant change them without knowing the proper ip address to login to each extenders home page. 

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you go into Settings and go to the Port Forwarding section do you see the extender IPs in the device list there? Either way I'll let the Development teams know. It won't be this next firmware as it's already going through SQA testing

Message 4 of 6
Phoenix1776
Tutor

I could not see the IP address in Port Forwarding either.  Thank you for the quick replies and asking the development team to work on a fix for this.

As a side note, for the device types in device manager can the following be added:  Roku,  Extender/Router (something to signify these types of non-main router devices) and possibly either an "Other" category or a "MOCA Adapter" category.  I have devices that fit most of the other categories and its confusing to list the wrong device type because the list is incomplete. 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're very welcome. We'll definitely be adding more device types, the hard part is classifying them all so they appear correctly when you first connect them to the router. If you would like to help with that please PM me!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7